Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2022 Forester Limited 2022 Outback Touring
123 Posts
Just guessing, but is the outside temperature 37F or less? If so, it's likely the warning symbol for possible icy roads.

· Registered
2022 Subaru Forester Base
42 Posts
Font Display device Electric blue Auto part Gas

What does this snow icon mean? How to remove it from screen? By the way, it is not snowing at all today. This is the first time that I see this icon.

Thanks.

· Registered
42 Posts
It comes on at like 37 degrees or lower. I have not found a way to turn it off.
So it does not affect anything, then I just forget about it. I though it is a mode that can be turned off.
It is silly for the system to trigger the mode solely based on temperature. It is indeed low temperature today, but no snow at all.

· Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,622 Posts
Since my first car with a thermometer (a 1991 BMW which I still own), every car has a warning at 37 or 38 degrees because there is a possibility of black ice on overpasses, etc.

It might be a silly system, but if it saves your life or your car just once, it's worth it :)

· Registered
29 Posts
Since my first car with a thermometer (a 1991 BMW which I still own), every car has a warning at 37 or 38 degrees because there is a possibility of black ice on overpasses, etc.

It might be a silly system, but if it saves your life or your car just once, it's worth it :)
For me the back roads on chilly day/nights sometimes have black ice quietly forming as water creeps onto the road from the tree line. Just the right combination of temp wind and moisture …. so watch for it

· Registered
42 Posts
Why am I still shocked at the number of people that don't read the manual and familiarize themselves with the very basics of the 20k+ appliance they just bought.
There are more than 500 pages for manual. At least I didn't see the icon in these two pages.

Edit : sorry, it is on the page, very last one, not sure why I missed it earlier.

Font Parallel Pattern Number

· Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
852 Posts
They had it right on the previous generations. Instead of a constant indicator, a reminder pops up on the center MFD for a few seconds when starting the car at 37F or less. It also beeps once and comes on for a few seconds when the temp goes below 37F while driving.....
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant

· Registered
42 Posts
They had it right on the previous generations. Instead of a constant indicator, a reminder pops up on the center MFD for a few seconds when starting the car at 37F or less. It also comes on for a few seconds when the temp goes below 37F while driving.....
View attachment 575951
This is my first time seeing the icy light, which has been ON during my whole trip. I took the photo at the end of the trip.

It is not popping up for a few seconds, it is ON all the time.

· Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
852 Posts
@VAer That's the difference between the current generation (2019+) Foresters and ones like my 2017. The popup on the MFD is less obtrusive IMHO. I don't like seeing lights on the cluster unless something is broken or needs attention like low washer fluid. I know it's cold and to be careful accordingly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts