Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Forester Sport Silver
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is not in the wrong section…
I replaced my stock horns today with the PIAA 85110. They sound much better. No pics, but to replace the horns I removed the shroud under the hood between the grill and engine bay. It’s just some clips. Then facing your windshield, you can look down to the left in front of the radiator and see the top horn. One 12mm bolt and one clip for power wire. The other horn is lower and further left. Basically under the headlight and behind fog. I found it easiest to removed the shroud under the engineer on the passenger side in front of the tire. I unscrewed the bolt from above, but started it from below when bolting on the new horn. Horns are plug and play except for the 2 ground wires. I used a bolt by the upper shroud above the radiator for the 2 grounds. It took my about an hour 20? Could’ve been quicker if I knew what I was doing first. Lol. The lower horn is easier to take off with a ratcheting 12mm wrench.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
568 Posts
No relay necessary for PIAA horns. Plug & play in the factory horn locations and with the factory wiring. I’ve installed that same set on 3 Subaru vehicles without issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts