Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a Forester Premium with Option package 15 which has the power liftgate, blind spot, etc…. I assumed as part of this package that the color MFD would be included. The sales rep is saying it comes with the basic monochrome one. The subaru site shows it in the interior view of the premium and lists it as an option on the spec sheet. The only option package is the one listed above. Can anyone clarify this for me?

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
63 Posts
Which Model did you order?

According to the Subaru web site:
Sport, Wilderness, Limited, and Touring get the 8" color MFD.
Forester and Premium models get the 6" monochrome.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
321 Posts
Going to the build your Forester site, it shows a 6" color home screen in the dash view. In the compare section between trims, it shows color as optional. But it doesn't list the color display in the option package. I would ask your salesperson about the option for color if you want that, as I cannot find anything on the build and price to add it.

So either they don't have the 2022 site fully proofed or the picture is misleading.

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness Geyser Blue
367 Posts
The at a glance pdf shows it on the options. I don't know why it isn't mention on the build page, but if I had to wager I would say you'll get it.

Font Rectangle Number Circle Document

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester
104 Posts
Interesting, with 2021 model you had to go up to the third trim level (touring in canada) to get the blind spot warning. I think that's the limited in the USA?

I've never heard of option package 15, as I thought they were sold by trim with not much to change except accessories like door stickers etc, but then here in Canada we don't get the tire monitoring system and in America we don't get front facing cameras except wilderness?

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
321 Posts
Once again, the general population probably knows more than the salesperson.

But then with the different models, and all the tech on them, I really can't fault them like the old days.

@ notdavis : Funny you mention the front facing camera. I was browsing through the options on the '22 Limited (US) and the option package pictures show the upper display being used for a front camera. I didn't really sort through anything else to verify if it is available on the upper trims.

But it would help if they were more clear on their sales literature.

·
Registered
367 Posts
@Black21Limited I've confirmed it is only on the wilderness. If it wasn't there is a good chance I would be buying the touring and not the wilderness. If not for the chip shortage I'm guessing it would have at least been added to the touring.

·
Registered
2021 Forester
618 Posts
@Black21Limited I've confirmed it is only on the wilderness. If it wasn't there is a good chance I would be buying the touring and not the wilderness. If not for the chip shortage I'm guessing it would have at least been added to the touring.
This, wilderness only. This was a factor for me on getting the 21 or 22. Like the brown interior that isn't just a sea of black. Can't get brown interior with front view, so got a nice deal on a 21 that was sitting around.

·
FOTM Moderator
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,384 Posts
If you cannot get a solid answer from your local sales person - call SoA and see if they have a more definitive answer. Let them know that some parts of their own site show it as optional but you're just not sure if / where it is you need to check that box when ordering from your local dealer and that they're not sure, either.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
11 Posts
As zachavm said, the option package adds the high grade multi function display. It also lists that on the limited model as an add over the premium.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Once again, the general population probably knows more than the salesperson.

But then with the different models, and all the tech on them, I really can't fault them like the old days.

@ notdavis : Funny you mention the front facing camera. I was browsing through the options on the '22 Limited (US) and the option package pictures show the upper display being used for a front camera. I didn't really sort through anything else to verify if it is available on the upper trims.

But it would help if they were more clear on their sales literature.
I looked at that this morning and it is actually meant as a picture to show the Navigation. They use the same picture for the Wilderness Navigation add on. Definitely confusing though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive watched a million videos on 2021 Premiums last night and it seems that all that have the one option package has the color display. I was able to find one that showed the window sticker on a 2021 premium with package 15 which listed what the website does but also rear seat USBs and the color display. Hoping its the same for 2022.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
11 Posts
Ive watched a million videos on 2021 Premiums last night and it seems that all that have the one option package has the color display. I was able to find one that showed the window sticker on a 2021 premium with package 15 which listed what the website does but also rear seat USBs and the color display. Hoping its the same for 2022.
It does if you get that package, read the pdf in my post above. It's from Subaru.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts