Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 2.5X Limited
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We should get a MY2022 before the end of the year and this time I wanted to maybe personalize it, have it look more unique around my city.

I think I only know about the Subaru logo I can replace with red ones...

I would love rear brake lights with blinkers à la Audi but I don't think it exist.

Where do you shop for custom parts?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,172 Posts
All over the place.... ebay, Amazon, Mercari.... sometimes just do a broad Google search and see what comes up... But this is for my 2014 Forester; not planning on a new one anytime soon... While the Wilderness is interesting and it's good seeing this directly from the factory, I've got most of it already (except the upgraded CVT and lower final drive)...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Lineartronic® CVT
390 Posts
I would love rear brake lights with blinkers à la Audi but I don't think it exist.
Don't know what Audi does in your area, but here thier brake lights come on and stay on solid as long as the brakes are in use, as law requires, and as people expect. If you have flashing brake lights, how many flashes before the following driver should realise you are actually braking?

Motorcycles often have brakelights where some flash for a second or two, then go solid but other brake lights are solid. The laws in most states specify.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,172 Posts
There aren't enough LED elements in the Subaru tail lamp to make that sequential process work like an Audi.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if the inner lamp on the Forester (on the hatch) is even powered/lit.

I know that on the previous generation SJ Forester, there were some aftermarket providers (like those Colin Shred?) that had a sequential feature. Like this - (some of these are not sequential but I know that they did (do?) offer them)

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,172 Posts
No, the brake lights on the Audi are solid - that's just the turn signals.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
234 Posts
Unfortunately much of the demand for new Forester goodies went away along the XT. The Crosstrek seems to be getting a lot of the aftermarket love these days.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium
3,096 Posts
We should get a MY2022 before the end of the year and this time I wanted to maybe personalize it, have it look more unique around my city.

I think I only know about the Subaru logo I can replace with red ones...

Where do you shop for custom parts?
how bout aluminum break and gas pedals ? had them in the 09 and when i sold it put them in the 17 i have the foot rest too all
in red Subaru OEM Metal Pedal Kit, Sti, A/T Part# c8110fg001 Fits 2010-2019 Subaru | Devil Subaru Parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts