Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2022 Forester Touring
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys- have a 2022 forester touring, US. I just wanted to share this so anyone having an issue has some info and numbers to show their dealer.
After the Nov '22 maps update I couldnt send remote commands anymore. The car would still send updates to starlink that i can see in the app while it was running, just the remote commands werent working. Resetting with the blue button and stuff as starlink help tells you would work for a single occasion, then not work anymore again.
I moaned a bit to my dealer referencing some TSB i found that its a DCM issue and after bringing it in to no avail they told me a fix was coming

So my old DCM Version DCM_30.11.07_20210802 was replaced with DCM_30.12.71_20220607 and everything works fine again.

· Registered
MY22 Sport
1 Posts
@mattji104,

TSB 15-306-22, all the 2022 Forester's are having the issue of the remote services not working for about the last month or so.
They are working on a permanent fix due in February.
They have a temporary fix that the dealer can do, but you will have to bring it back for the real fix when available.

· Registered
2022 Forester Touring
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's some real info, thank you! Too bad dealers dont just bother to research. Long as its working for the cold weather so i can warm up the engine without sitting in it I'm happy xD

was wondering if its all related to the starlink services shutting down and if the foresters will get the 2023 head unit upgrade similar to the outbacks i heard about getting some update like that. Will definitely demand the perma-fix when i go in for my 18k service in spring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts