Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our new black 2022 Forester Wilderness yesterday. We traded in a 2021 Forester Limited. Here’s some of our first impressions:
1. The seats in the Wilderness are more comfortable.
2. The ride is smoother and softer. We’re guessing it might be due to the 17 inch tires and upgraded suspension.
3. The headlights seem brighter.
4. The front skid plate is very lightweight. I ordered the steel skid plate to replace it. I had the steel plate on my 2021 and loved it. It’s much thicker and provides much more protection.

We’d like to hear what other new Wilderness owners first impressions.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
122 Posts
Please keep posting your impressions, I’m shopping for one myself. Have you noticed a difference in the improved Eyesight? Oh, what did you wind up paying for it? The dealers I’ve checked with in NY so far want $5000 over MSRP. :oops:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please keep posting your impressions, I’m shopping for one myself. Have you noticed a difference in the improved Eyesight? Oh, what did you wind up paying for it? The dealers I’ve checked with in NY so far want $5000 over MSRP. :oops:
The Eyesight looks different. It's a lower profile an wider. I haven't noticed a difference in the operation yet. We paid MSRP. We checked three dealers in the Denver area and the were all MSRP. That was back in September when we ordered. I don't know what they are now.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness
1 Posts
Can’t speak much on it yet (just purchased yesterday and first Subaru) but I paid MSRP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the 2022 skid pete different than the 202?
On my 2021 Forester Limited the under engine protection was plastic. I had it replaced with the OEM steel under guard, which I really liked. On my 2022 Forester Wilderness the under engine protection is lightweight aluminum and plastic. I ordered the OEM steel under guard to replace it. Hasn't come in yet. I'll update this post after it's installed.

·
Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
14 Posts
@HazTaz,
Just drove our Wilderness home today, .Body feels solid with no rattles. Wind noise not to bad. Thought there would be more tire noise with the Geolander Ats but didn't notice much. Engine/CVT combo seemed smooth. The auto start stop was annoying (first time I have had this feature on a car). It was jerkey and will take some getting use to. Wil have to get into the habit of turning it off everytime I restart the car. Paid MSRP.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,151 Posts
On my 2021 Forester Limited the under engine protection was plastic. I had it replaced with the OEM steel under guard, which I really liked. On my 2022 Forester Wilderness the under engine protection is lightweight aluminum and plastic. I ordered the OEM steel under guard to replace it. Hasn't come in yet. I'll update this post after it's installed.
Gotcha

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness Edition
13 Posts
Got mine about 2 1/2 weeks ago, first Subaru, previous cars have all been Volkswagens. My first impression besides the gorgeous looks, is that the car is extremely comfortable, can easily do long hauls with little to no issues, and still be comfortable, MPG is decent but that depends on how you drive, the interior is probably one of my favorites especially when it comes to the technology. Hands down my favorite car I've owned/leased.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you installed the skid plate yet? I’m curious if it matches up to all the pop clip holes perfectly, as the wilderness under tray is slightly different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts