Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
785 Posts
Love the green, but that front? Maybe it’ll grow on me.

·
Registered
Planned 2022 Forester Touring Owner
229 Posts
YES YES YES!!!! That green is probably going to be my next car! Also, I think now that it is official this should be moved to its own thread.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Loving this interior. I really hope this is the new touring interior. It was great before, but I'm digging the changes.

@straphanger322 I don't think we can take anything from this announcement for Japan as what will come to the us. The current engine here isn't even sold in the US. They use the 2.0L that is in the Crosstrek here. They could bring the 1.8L Turbo or they could bring the full on 2.4L Turbo, or nothing. Honestly my guess at this point is we do get the 2.4L Turbo because it seems the Wilderness edition really needs something strong to satisfy their goals with it.

Anyway, while the US version will likely look very different, there are a few things we can take form this. The overall body changes and the eyesight upgrades will almost certainly carry over. It doesn't look like they brought a full digital display to any of the trims so I doubt we get that. Got to read up some more.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here's the official Subaru Japan website for more details direct from the source. You'll need to use a browser like chrome that will auto-translate it.

Some additional notes I've found:
  • Nappa leather seats that were previously only on the Outback.
  • Upgraded eyesight is not eyesight X. Appears not even to have any additional sensors.
  • Three new colors. Autumn Green Metallic, Cascade Green Silica, Brilliant Bronze Metallic. I'm guessing this will replace the current green and bronze option. Also guessing the dark green is exclusive to the wilderness here, but just a guess.
  • Upgraded suspension mentioned on another news site I read, but can't find it mentioned here.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
627 Posts
The Forester has been selling really well as is here in the US. I doubt we'll get another/different engine choice. The Wilderness trim will probably get a "beefed" up CVT at most.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,788 Posts
Chances are that the new look and SOME of the new tech will make it to the North American version. But don't expect a turbo any time soon.

They seem to have done away with all of the current wheel designs - save one. The 6 "spoke" snowflake rim has gotten more play as now it is available in black and looks to be the wheel of choice for the Sport trim. The other rim looks to be a cuisinart-style chopping blade, much like the rims on the Honda CRV... the point forward on one side and backward on the other...

Some new colors (mostly 2 new greens and a new bronze tone) and the ability to have "Subaru-Tex" vinyl on some models.

I will say that the java brown interior choice is looking better all the time - when it first came out with the 2nd-half SJ generation, it was a big contrast and (to me at least) looked out of place and incorrect when installed. At least the newest version looks good overall.

While the new headlamps are funky/wonky/odd, the new lower fascia and fog lights look nice... Just more "wait and see" for the official US/NA release and information.

·
Registered
229 Posts
@Kevin

I couldn't find another thread. Do you just mean this is the thread? No complaints if that is your decision, but it just seemed to me like two separate topics.
  1. 2022 Forester Spy Shots
  2. 2022 Forester Official Japanese Launch Announcement

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport & F60 Mini CMS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Thank you Kevin for making the thread subject more relevant.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,788 Posts
From some of the slides I'd seen, there look to be 2 greens, a bronze/gold, a bold red, a silver, a gray and a black and a pale blue, as well as a dark blue. It will be interesting to see what models may be limited to color A vs color B...

·
Registered
229 Posts
From some of the slides I'd seen, there look to be 2 greens, a bronze/gold, a bold red, a silver, a gray and a black and a pale blue, as well as a dark blue. It will be interesting to see what models may be limited to color A vs color B...
I went through the Japanese site with translation on. All the colors are either ones that are currently available here in the US or one of the three new ones. They just ditched the current jasper green and bronze, brought the green and bronze over that is use on the outback, and the added the new dark green.
Regardless, Forester needs… a Forest Green.
So much this!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
After looking everything over for a day or so, here are my predictions for what this announcement tells us about what is coming to the US version
  • The body changes (other than for the wilderness) will be the same as what was announced. This includes everything like lights, grill, and wheels.
  • The new eyesight system will be the same as what was announced.
  • The Brown on Black Nappa leather interior will replace the current Saddle Brown leather interior on the touring.
  • The interior displays and instrument cluster will be unchanged as with what was announced.
  • The sport trim will move to StarTex seats instead of the sport cloth.
  • The new color options will match the US options. Jasper Green and Sepia Bronze will be replaced with Autumn Green and Brilliant Bronze (currently available for the Outback). The new Cascade Green Silica (Forester Green) will come to the US too, but could be exclusive to the wilderness trim.
  • The upgraded suspension (whatever that means) will come to the US.
I think there will be plenty of other new things announced, but this is just what I'm predicting based on Japan's changes. Also I didn't mention things their models already had that I'm hoping we get. For instance, a front view camera, 3 position heated seats, a camera based rear view mirror, and the CB18 Turbo engine (if not the FA24D). Even if it was planned though, it is possible supply issues (chip shortage) nix some/all of these things.

61 - 80 of 159 Posts