Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,236 Posts
Hey @OuchDamn - you do realize that the Outback Wilderness uses the same infotainment unit as the other Outback models with the larger screens (like the XT models, the 2.5 Limited and Touring)...? The only real difference would be the Wilderness logo being implemented into the startup that would (more than likely) fade to the regular buttons once the system is booted up....

·
Premium Member
2019 Subaru Forester Limited CVT
310 Posts
@sneefy It's sad the Subaru dealership here can only hold about 25-30 cars. That's counting them using the parking for serviced vehicles. If you ever take your car in for service when you pick it up you will find it is parked down the street at the body shop! They usually get it for you if they're not too busy. Plus it's a pretty rundown building. There are (and have been) zero new cars on the lot. Of all the used cars they have not one of them is a Subaru! I've never driven a Subaru with a turbo. After all the hoopla on here about the new Forester not having a turbo I wanted to drive an outback wilderness to see what all the hype was about. There hasn't been a new legacy on the lot for months. I test drove a Tiguan with a turbo before I ordered my 19 Forester and I really wasn't impressed at all. It had no power at all from the start until the turbo kicked in at an odd time like you were rear ended. Maybe I'm missing something.

@FozzieBalou yeah that vertical screen is intriguing. I'd love to see one on any Subaru at this point just to check it out! I love touch screens. Who doesn't? For me the bigger the better! 😁 I just really wish I could see an outback wilderness in person.

·
Registered
Future 2022 Forester Wilderness Owner
320 Posts
WOWWWWWWWWWW! I love that color! They actually had one? Did you get any more pics by chance?
Only one more from the other side, but there are lots of other pics out there. I would specifically suggest reddit and the SuabruOutback.org forum. The only reason I bothered posting it was because my phone (Google Pixel) is known for color accuracy. It was important for me to see the color in person before ordering as you can't really trust pictures, but I was hoping that my picture could help someone out there if they trusted the color accuracy of their display. Anyway, here is the shot from the other side.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

·
Registered
320 Posts
So I've been talking to a dealer and based on the accessories options he sent me I think I can confirm the color choices for the various trims. Note that some of this is conjecture, but it fits.

Wilderness colors appear to match the Outback
  • Geyser Blue
  • Autumn Green Metallic
  • Magnetite Grey Metallic
  • Ice Silver Metallic
  • Crystal Black Silica
  • Crystal White Pearl
Standard Trim Colors will likely match what was announced over seas

Colors Removed:
  • Jasper Green Metallic
  • Sepia Bronze Metallic
Colors Added:
  • Autumn Green Metallic
  • Cascade Green Metallic (Dark/Hunter)
  • Brilliant Bronze Metallic
No indications in the document, but I'm guessing colors for the Sport trim will remain the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
Landcruiser 200 V8 Diesel
2 Posts
Anyone know if the 2022 Forester engine will have a Timing Belt or Timing Chain?
Website is not specific.
Wikipedia Mentions change from belt to chain sometime recently.

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
274 Posts
As recently as 2011! :)

Reactions: 2.5x_sleeper

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,262 Posts
@Alsub welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Please complete your "Public Profile - add your vehicle details!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,236 Posts
Subaru has been using a timing chain for many years and there would not be a reason to change that on a motor that is the same as it's been for the past few years. It COULD be possible for the total redesign in the next few years but it's doubtful they'd make this change.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,559 Posts
I may well be proven wrong, but I predict we’ve seen almost all the major ICE design changes we’re going to see for most of the major vehicle manufacturers‘ fleets, due to the impending fleet electrification offerings…

The ROI on major ICE modifications, as well as the increase in efficiency just isn’t there…barring some undiscovered technology suddenly becoming available. The emphasis on new technology is going to be EV-oriented for the most part from now on…

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
3,236 Posts
Agreed ... I could show you pictures of how scraped up the cargo area side panels are.

Of course, another way to protect them that I've just found (as I just acquired a set) would be the rear/side cargo nets.

I have almost no scrapes or marks on the rear hatch inside panel (same plastic material) as I do on the side panels from carrying rocks, stones and other bits for my gardens... I used to (fairly) regularly go rock hunting in the desert areas around me and find large rocks (small boulders?) to toss in the cargo area for a trip back to my home and adding to the garden scape. I live in the deserts of SoCal and don't have a lot (OK, don't have ANY) turf or grass in front or back - it's all plants that require little water and can survive in 4 months of direct sun with temps over 100 degrees...

·
Registered
320 Posts
They are hard plastic and scratch quite easily, so that's a welcome option.
I was unsure of if it was something I would want, but this comment made the decision for me. Thank you.

Kind of annoyed they don't go all the way down to the floor though.

·
Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
1,676 Posts
I was unsure of if it was something I would want, but this comment made the decision for me. Thank you.

Kind of annoyed they don't go all the way down to the floor though.
No problem. My 2020 scratched pretty much the first time I went to the home store, lol.

Yeah, agreed that is a bit odd. I assume there's a valid design reason for it, but not sure what that may be.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No problem. My 2020 scratched pretty much the first time I went to the home store, lol.

Yeah, agreed that is a bit odd. I assume there's a valid design reason for it, but not sure what that may be.
It’s just like the ones for the outback, designed to work with the rear tray… it fits above the lip of the tray.

Leaving the tray in place is easier than using the templates provided to see where it should fit before sticking on the little adhesive Velcro discs.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
260 Posts
They might block the bottom cargo cover from being lifted.

Subaru parts online says these do not fit 2021, only 2022, so there is possibly some variation in the trim panels for 2022.

:confused:

241 - 258 of 258 Posts