Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Forester Touring
11 Posts
The dealer we ordered through said we'll be notified as soon as the VIN is assigned to the vehicle, in addition to other landmarks along the way. This is our first experience ordering a new vehicle. I'd like to know from those who have been through this before, if you were notified as expected prior to actually taking delivery of your new Subaru.

·
Registered
2007 Forester LL Bean
16 Posts
Still December delivery as of Wednesday. Got the VON, but can’t see more than the dealer at this point. Not sure if they’ll release the VIN at build or when it reaches the States.
Where are you looking where you can see the dealer? I have a VON that I got from a Subaru of America email, but I don't know where to go to track. Is that what you mean that you can see the dealer?

·
Registered
2022 ForesterTouring
24 Posts
Where are you looking where you can see the dealer? I have a VON that I got from a Subaru of America email, but I don't know where to go to track. Is that what you mean that you can see the dealer?
The dealer told me month of December is all he can see on his end. No additional information that calling SOA could give me. My sales guy said he would keep looking and give me updates every Tuesday from here on out, even if its no new info.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
34 Posts
Got email this morning from salesman. Projected Delivery updated to December 21, 2021. He said no one has VIN's yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Waynetc
I used Pennsylvania horticultural society (PHS).

If you're ready to order then donate $500. You'll get nearly immediate access to 2% under invoice pricing. After the donation you can request the VIP discount for a particular dealership by filling out a request online at PHS. If you do it in the morning SOA will reply same day in my experience.
If you wait 6 months, it's only a $50 donation.
You can buy two new vehicles a year this way.
Be sure to check first that your dealer currently accepts VIP pricing. It was hit or miss for me

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Waynetc

If you're ready to order then donate $500. You'll get nearly immediate access to 2% under invoice pricing. After the donation you can request the VIP discount for a particular dealership by filling out a request online at PHS. If you do it in the morning SOA will reply same day in my experience.
Be sure to check first that your dealer currently accepts VIP pricing. It was hit or miss for me
@Waynetc

Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate your time!

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness Geyser Blue
447 Posts
@Waynetc A word of caution. Make 100% sure you know your dealer will accept VIP before you make your donation. Some have stopped accepting it amid the inventory shortage. Once you do though, have at it and congratulations!!! I used it myself. I'm not sure I've seen anyone doing any better anywhere and I've been paying a lot of attention in various locations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One more piece of information on VIP pricing. All STI models are excluded - Wilderness models are Eligible. These are the exclusions as of a month ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Waynetc A word of caution. Make 100% sure you know your dealer will accept VIP before you make your donation. Some have stopped accepting it amid the inventory shortage. Once you do though, have at it and congratulations!!! I used it myself. I'm not sure I've seen anyone doing any better anywhere and I've been paying a lot of attention in various locations.
Thank you @zachavm I appreciate this. I know the local dealer that I am stopping by for a test drive tomorrow is tied to the Costco plan. It will be interesting if they accept either or neither! At least I know what we want to order (and I learned here to get 3rd party floor mats too :) )

·
Registered
7 Posts
@zachavm & @2022ForesterLtd Well round one did not go well at all. We test drove, liked the Forester and sat down to negotiate - All cars on lot asking $4250 over MSRP. Not taking the VIP program, not taking a factory order but since I have a Costco card that was worth 500 off the $4250 mark up. After talking for a while the salesperson said make an offer. First I asked to see the invoice price (which they showed me) then I ran my own calculations. I simply said - I'm not going to insult you with my offer, so this is just not going to happen now. I did see other people trying to purchase a car, most were flushed crimson red with anger, some raising voices. No black friday deals here.

So having said all that if anyone has had luck recently with using VIP on a vehicle in stock or with a factory order I'd sure like to know where and who to contact. I've got enough frequent flier miles to go just about anywhere..just not Hawaiii or Alaska Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did one VIP in Roseville, CA and one in Shingle Springs, CA. I had dealers in Auburn, Sacramento, and Bay area refuse it. On one of the Subaru forums I found an old list of Dealers that take VIP. I used that and made a few calls and emails to Sales Managers confirming whether or not they took VIP. One dealer said only for local customers. However, he gave me a couple I should check with closer to me and that worked!

Here's a list from Ascent forums Who accepts Subaru VIP Pricing - Master List see post 174 in that thread too for Huebner Subaru in Carrollton, OH

Try googling for a list of VIP dealers...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did one VIP in Roseville, CA and one in Shingle Springs, CA. I had dealers in Auburn, Sacramento, and Bay area refuse it. On one of the Subaru forums I found an old list of Dealers that take VIP. I used that and made a few calls and emails to Sales Managers confirming whether or not they took VIP. One dealer said only for local customers. However, he gave me a couple I should check with closer to me and that worked!

Here's a list from Ascent forums Who accepts Subaru VIP Pricing - Master List see post 174 in that thread too for Huebner Subaru in Carrollton, OH

Try googling for a list of VIP dealers...
Thank you again - I'm in the middle of Ohio. That would be an interesting drive home. For that I'd better wait till spring.

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness Geyser Blue
447 Posts
@Waynetc I'm in Oklahoma City. Before you go here though, I would recommend you get a list of dealerships and sort them by distance away from you. Then just start calling and asking. Good luck.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts