Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2022 Forester is finally on SOA website, so let's start sharing our shopping experiences. Please, be detailed and specific as to the trim, packages/options, accessories, and what other charges the price includes (destination, document fees, etc.) so that we know how to compare. Bonus points for specifying the region and/or dealership :) Happy shopping All.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm in the market for the 2022 Base with the alloy wheel package. This will be my 4th Subaru and second Forester. Loved my first 2015 Premium, but couldn't stand the Outback and Impreza I had after that. So, I'm back to Forester. Going for the Base because I really don't like the moonroof and spoiler. I wish these were optional and I would go with the Sport. Anyhow, hoping to see people getting decent deals on this thread.

·
Registered
2022 ForesterTouring
25 Posts
VIP is absolute best I could to.
Ordered 9/8
2022 Touring with mirror dimming/homelink.
Sticker 37,032
Sale price 33,814 (before any local, state taxes, fees, ect.)
Take another $500 for Subaru Loyalty Rebate. Delivery sometime in December.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VIP is absolute best I could to.
Ordered 9/8
2022 Touring with mirror dimming/homelink.
Sticker 37,032
Sale price 33,814 (before any local, state taxes, fees, ect.)
Take another $500 for Subaru Loyalty Rebate. Delivery sometime in December.
Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a fantastic deal. What is VIP?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ha. I pulled the trigger today. Decided not to spend tons of time on shopping around this time as I was afraid the car wouldn't arrive in time before my current lease expires. Just placed a factory order for the Base with the alloy wheel package at $1,000 off of MSRP. The worst discount I've gotten on new cars so far, but given the market and convenience (local dealership 10 minutes away), I'm not complaining. I'm in NoVa btw.

Edit 1: Quoted ETA is January. hope it'll be here sooner.
Edit 2: Waiting for my Loyalty coupon to arrive in my inbox.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ha. I pulled the trigger today. Decided not to spend tons of time on shopping around this time as I was afraid the car wouldn't arrive in time before my current lease expires. Just placed a factory order for the Base with the alloy wheel package at $1,000 off of MSRP. The worst discount I've gotten on new cars so far, but given the market and convenience (local dealership 10 minutes away), I'm not complaining. I'm in NoVa btw.

Edit: Quoted ETA is January. hope it'll be here sooner.
So exciting- What color did you chose?

·
Registered
2022 ForesterTouring
25 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Sounds like a fantastic deal. What is VIP?
Do a search on here and you can probably get more detailed info. But there are a few non profits that partner with Subaru and receive special pricing from them. Fastest way to obtain the special pricing is by giving $500 to become a founding member of ASPCA. There are however cheaper options.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
584 Posts
Please people do not use OTD (Out the Door) pricing. It is absolutely worthless when comparing prices. Taxes and license can vary wildly from state to state. Some pay 3-4% others much more. Here in Cali depending on the county it can exceed 10%. If you can list MSRP and invoice price for vehicle and options separately it make it a lot easier to quickly compare and saves someone from looking up actual prices for every post/deal.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
35 Posts
Ordered this morning:
2022 Forester Limited
Crystal White Pearl
Grey Leather
Exterior and Interior Auto Dimming Mirrors, Homelink
All Weather Floor Mats
MSRP $33,744
Price $30331

Got Subaru VIP price at Invoice -2% and $500 loyalty (min, 3rd Subaru)
add $2235 for CA tax, $436 DMV, and $85 doc fee

Delivery January 2022

We'll add other options ourselves after delivery at less than invoice from various vendors

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ordered this morning:
2022 Forester Limited
Crystal White Pearl
Grey Leather
All Weather Floor Mats
MSRP $33,744
Price $30331

Delivery January 2023

We'll add other options ourselves after delivery at less than invoice from various vendors
That's a steal, but the wait is too long;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Note to myself - for my next Subaru, get proactive and become VIP. Fabulous prices reported here by VIP members.
I had the VIP letter within an hour of qualifying for it. The donation is still less than the 2% portion of the discount!

Reactions: seankbnv

·
Registered
2022 Forester Sport (on order)
6 Posts
2022 Forester Sport (white), package 24.
Paid MSRP ($29,765) on the Sport trim and got the 24 package ($1,645) at no charge....essentially 5.23% below total MSRP.
I was surprised they were pretty quick to toss that in....should of gone for more???

Adding other options outside of dealership.

·
Registered
2007 Forester LL Bean
16 Posts
Ordered this morning:
2022 Forester Limited
Crystal White Pearl
Grey Leather
All Weather Floor Mats
MSRP $33,744
Price $30331

Delivery January 2022

My deal was VERY similar to yours!! Also CA. VIP price at invoice minus 2%, with $500 loyalty, and it's my 3rd forester! Delivery December though, and my salesperson said sometimes VIP comes even faster.

2022 Forester Sport
Dark Blue Pearl
Grey sport interior
Package 24: Reverse Braking, Rear Gate, Harmon-Kardon sound
All Weather Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Rear Seatback Protector
Rear Bumper Cover
MSRP $33,002
Price: Invoice minus 2% VIP = $30,197

CA Tax $2,875; DMV and doc fees $554.

Out the door $33,616

·
Registered
35 Posts
My deal was VERY similar to yours!! Also CA. VIP price at invoice minus 2%, with $500 loyalty, and it's my 3rd forester! Delivery December though, and my salesperson said sometimes VIP comes even faster.

2022 Forester Sport
Dark Blue Pearl
Grey sport interior
Package 24: Reverse Braking, Rear Gate, Harmon-Kardon sound
All Weather Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Rear Seatback Protector
Rear Bumper Cover
MSRP $33,002
Invoice minus 2% VIP = $30,197

CA Tax $2,875; DMV and doc fees $554.

Out the door $33,616
I hope ours comes sooner!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered the premium (package 11) with auto dimming mirrors and a few dealer installed options such as trailer hitch, Stu door handle cup protectors, and bumper cover. Ordered early September. Can’t remember price paid.

has anyone who has ordered received their VIN (not VON) yet or an updated arrival date? Originally told end of November now maybe December or end of January? Very excited! Currently have a 2018 Forester premium.

·
Registered
2022 ForesterTouring
25 Posts
Still December delivery as of Wednesday. Got the VON, but can’t see more than the dealer at this point. Not sure if they’ll release the VIN at build or when it reaches the States.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts