Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness Geyser Blue
447 Posts
Has anyone been able to successfully track their vin using the VIN tracking for the boat link posted earlier? I'm expecting my vehicle to ship out of Japan sometime this week since it was finishing up QA last week.

·
Registered
2022 Forester Limited, Black
4 Posts
Response from SOA - re: not being able to create MySubaru account based on VIN

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to contact us.

Congratulations on your new Forester!

Being that our system does not show the Forester as being sold yet but still in a pre-sale status it would not allow you to create a MySubaru account. Typically, once the vehicle is delivered your salesperson will create a MySubaru account for you and ask you for the email to log in and provide you a temporary password to log in. Once your Forester is delivered you will be able to create the account, based on what I am seeing it looks like an estimated time of early December 2021 give or take a few days.

I hope this information was helpful.

TrimLimited
ColorCrystal Black Silica
Date Ordered10/18/2021
Projected DeliveryDec 2021
Delivery LocationOH

·
Registered
2022 Forester Sport
5 Posts
From what I've read in the Outback forum, you can track the status once you have the VIN (weeks before actual delivery). The app doesn't work, has to be the mysubaru.com website. It gives you updates but not very frequently (Quality check, On the way, etc). Takes 2-3 weeks from Quality Check to actual arrival. It could be different since Outback is made in the US.

·
Registered
447 Posts
@EdZY
It will be longer for a Forester. Outbacks are shipping from the Indiana plant so once they finish there they are going straight to dealerships on trucks. Our Foresters have to be transported from japan on cargo ships to a US Port. They are then configured as needed (Accessories) at the Port before being loaded onto trucks for transport to the dealerships. My vehicle hit the QA (Quality check) on the 11th and has a projected delivery date of Dec 21st. So basically an extra 2-3 weeks over the outback.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It will be longer for a Forester. Outbacks are shipping from the Indiana plant so once they finish there they are going straight to dealerships on trucks. Our Foresters have to be transported from japan on cargo ships to a US Port. They are then configured as needed (Accessories) at the Port before being loaded onto trucks for transport to the dealerships. My vehicle hit the QA (Quality check) on the 11th and has a projected delivery date of Dec 21st. So basically an extra 2-3 weeks over the outback.
Where exactly on the website or app do these updates appear? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just checked MySubaru and still no updates on the car. Hopefully, it will eventually alert me closer to the ETA so that I can go get the car as soon as it arrives.

My main concern is that, in this environment, the dealership may decide to use it as a test drive vehicle, which I explicitly asked them not to do. I don't want some moron playing GTA in my (or soon to be my) brand new car.

·
Administrator
18,189 Posts
A reminder to not use Quote / Reply to an immediately preceding post please - as per the rules:
"5. Similarly, do not use "Reply" or "Quote" when responding to an immediately preceding post and/or the original post of a thread as we do not want to read stuff twice and it just clogs up the thread. "

Further info here: The FAQs - When to Quote / Multi-Quote......... And when...

Very simply just add your text in the "Write your reply..." box underneath the last post and then hit "Post Rely".
Font Gas Electric blue Water Brand

To gain a member's attention use the Mention feature i.e. @membername
Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just checked MySubaru and still no updates on the car. Hopefully, it will eventually alert me closer to the ETA so that I can go get the car as soon as it arrives.

My main concern is that, in this environment, the dealership may decide to use it as a test drive vehicle, which I explicitly asked them not to do. I don't want some moron playing GTA in my (or soon to be my) brand new car.
That’s another good reason to know when your car is arriving. Glad you’re raising that. I’ll also ask my salesperson to prevent that. In my case I purchased the engine, gas tank, and rear differential under guards, along with a rear bumper cover, and bumper corner molding pieces through Subaru parts about about 5 wks ago.. The dealer is holding those parts and will install them when my Forester Wilderness arrives.

·
Registered
2022 Forester Limited ordered, 2016 Outback Limited
5 Posts
Pretty sure I saw at least one 2022 Forester on a car transport full of new Subarus while driving the OH turnpike in northwestern OH.

·
Registered
2020 Forester
35 Posts
@seankbnv I get a few bits of updates on the main page, but not much. Just show it started going through Post-contruction QA on the 11th. The delivery date isn't even up to date. Basically, I don't think you can expect much on the site.

Also, when I tried to use the app it didn't work. I think it is website only until delivery.
What website are you guys using
*Edit. just kidding i see, my subaru just the web portal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MySubaru still not working for me. For those that got it to work, we’re you getting emails from SOA throughout the order process? I was not, had to either call SOA or dealer for updates. Curious if that is part of the problem maybe?

·
Registered
447 Posts
MySubaru still not working for me. For those that got it to work, we’re you getting emails from SOA throughout the order process? I was not, had to either call SOA or dealer for updates. Curious if that is part of the problem maybe?
MySubaru works for me, but I've not been getting emails from subaru at any point. My email was correct on the order so I still have no idea why. I've checked everywhere in gmail I can think of. Still nothing. Very annoying, but now that I've got my VIN and my dealer is providing weekly updates I'm likely fine.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
34 Posts
Same as @zachavm. However, I already had a mysubaru account from current and past vehicles. Still want/need VIN for 2022 Forester.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Base Automatic
344 Posts
Are you serious ?! Yikes! Is it a Badlands? They look cool and very capable.
Nope, likely just a Base. I'll never take it off road so I want the most streetable version. Some dealers are claiming less for the basic models so maybe only 6 months but I'll likely find out soon. Hoping to place the order before the end of this month.

161 - 180 of 210 Posts