Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
starting to see more people on facebook that have received one. Surprised no one on here has yet.
I have also seen quite a few on Facebook and I agree, odd that no one on here has received there’s yet. Now, I will note, most of the ones I have seen have either been a sport or wilderness. I ordered a premium and have not yet seen one of those.

csnnot wait though, mid December is dealer estimate, calling next week to see if there is any update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m getting a bit frustrated, too, trying to get information. Still no VIN. Still says ETA “December” from dealer and SOA. I don’t see making that time frame at this point. I ordered 9/18.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered 9/26, my ETA from SOA and my dealer is December. Still no VIN . I was told by both SOA and my dealer that a VIN isn’t issued until a vehicle is completed. That doesn’t seem to agree with what people are experiencing now. Some folks here have received their VINs earlier in the process. I’ve got to think things are bit jumbled regarding VINs this year. It's hard to imagine a December delivery unless the vehicle is complete now, or nearing completion. Anyone know how long it takes from completion of a Forester to delivery to a dealership in the lower 48?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Frankly, I agree! I HAVE received a VIN and Subaru of America told me that it was built and would arrive in the first week of December, BUT, my dealer said that it was being built of November 29 and it would arrive mid-December. MySubaru is not working for me so I cannot even track it that way! Mine was ordered the first week of September. I just wish I knew what was true because I’d not want the dealer to use it as a test vehicle when it arrives. I do have a few dealer installed accessories once it arrives also.

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness Geyser Blue
447 Posts
I have to say I'm pretty annoyed with the variability of people's experiences. For some things I understand it. I expect variability on how long after ordering it is built as manufacturing may be doing trims or color combinations together to optimize production. I also understand variability in delivery time as it will take longer to get to people who are far from a port.

What I do not excuse however is the insane varibility in communication/tracking experienced by the customers. Some get emails from Subaru and some like myself don't even though their email is connected to their order. Conflicting information between what the dealer's information is and the SOA information. Some who get their VINs can register on My Subaru. Others for some reason can't. Subaru really needs to get off their keister and make this better for both the customer and the dealer.

@afrewerts I have a similar experience to you. My dealer is telling me my vehicle isn't supposed to be completed until Dec 1st, but I've got a VIN and have had one for a while now. I was able to register on my subaru, but the information is very limited. Only shows going through QA on the 11th, which conflicts with the dealer's date of Dec 1st. Hopefully that means I'll receive it sooner than expected. I have similar concerns to you though. I don't want them using it as a test drive vehicle. This will be the first Forester Wilderness received at their site and I'm concerned other customers (or even they themselves) may want to drive it around a lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great news - congrats! I suspect things are moving along well with Forester production, transport, and delivery to dealers, but the reporting on the progress is more irregular, or spotty right now.
I agree! I messaged my dealer to confirm and he did. He said it would be a day or two after it arrived due to arrival inspection and extras that they are installing at dealer (hitch, bumper cover, and door handle cup protectors). They also said that they are basically arriving on time and that the estimates are basically 100% accurate.

201 - 210 of 210 Posts