Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
379 Posts
The good news is that all three plants in Ota reopened this week. It might take a bit longer to get back to full production since the Oizumi powertrain plant was among the three. It remained open during the two earlier shutdowns at Yajima (the Forester plant) this year.

@DockingPilot Are RoRos having the same port delays that container ships are experiencing of late?

Reactions: Honsolo

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness Geyser Blue
446 Posts
@JamesBond Yes. I ordered through the dealership. I got a list of available accessories from them before hand. It is mostly the same, but there are a few new ones like the Cargo Sidewall Protectors.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,399 Posts
The good news is that all three plants in Ota reopened this week. It might take a bit longer to get back to full production since the Oizumi powertrain plant was among the three. It remained open during the two earlier shutdowns at Yajima (the Forester plant) this year.

@DockingPilot Are RoRos having the same port delays that container ships are experiencing of late?
No Fozzy, it doesn’t seem so. They are coming in and leaving in normal timeframes.
At least here in the port of NY/NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here in SoCal most dealers have only 0-2 Forester '21's on the lot due to the chip shortage.
Any incoming '21's are already spoken for.
The local dealer told me I had to do this going forward:
Build your '21 Forester online and send it to them.
They convert it to a a '22 order.
Give them a $500 refundable deposit so they can order a 2022 Forester for you. At 2022 MSRP. Final price will be negotiated when it arrives in early Dec. Not sure if that schedule will hold. Don't expect much, if any, discount.
Is this friggin' crazy?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m in SoCal, too. I’ve found the same thing about the lack of 2021 Forester inventory at area dealers . They are adding to msrp for 2021 Foresters, but be willing to sell at or maybe below msrp for pre-ordered 2022 models. One dealer I spoke to required a 1K deposit refundable for pre-orders refundable when the car was sold if you changed your mind The dealer I went with required a $500 deposit fully refundable any time. I have the terms and details of the deal in writing ( via a texted photo of the itemized sales order) . As far as I’m aware the deal is done and the dealer has committed to the price. Hope I’m right on that? Any thoughts on that are welcome. Finally, the 2022 Forrester Wilderness had just one main paid option package. I was only ordering a base model which simplified that part of the process.

·
Registered
446 Posts
@EdZY,
How long between ordering with your dealer and getting an email from SOA? I signed the paperwork last Tuesday night and still don't have anything. I've pinged my dealer about it multiple times. The salesman I'm working with is horrendous.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Damnit! I thought so. I'm going have to go over this guy's head. Either my order hasn't actually been put in or they didn't include my email address on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmmm, I put down a $500.- deposit via credit card over the phone when I pre-ordered my Forester Wilderness 9/26. I received texted images of an itemized printout for the order and another dealer document with the handwritten last 8 digits of the VON, but haven’t received anything from SOA. My salesperson has seemed very good, but you’ve got me wondering about the lack of a SOA notification.

·
Registered
446 Posts
@roadhiker,

If you have a VON you are likely good then. I think that is provided by SOA. It probably just means that they didn't associate your email with the order.

I didn't even receive an itemized report. The paper I signed said the trim and that's it. No accessories listed. No numbers. Virtually nothing on it. I decided not to make a stink as I had already been negotiating with them. I then walked in the next day asking for my VON and the salesman couldn't provide it. He said the guy who put the orders in was off that day and would be in tomorrow (Thursday).

My salesman was off last Tuesday so I'm going to assume he is off tomorrow and go in and talk to a sales manager. If they don't get this sorted I'll just ask for my deposit back and go to a different dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good luck getting it sorted out. It does seem they should give you the terms of the deal in detail in writing VON number included. I might give them a day or 2 to get it sorted out, but no more than that. Thanks for your opinion about my situation. It’s helpful. I’m an older guy ,but this is my first new vehicle purchase. There are at least 3 or 4 Subaru dealers here in LA County that are closer to me, but I chose one a bit further based on Yelp reviews. I’m glad I did. I figured I can always try a closer dealer for service after I receive my Wilderness.

·
Registered
446 Posts
After bugging him again tonight and again asking for an itemized receipt (which he didn't provide) he finally provided me a VON and claimed the order was submitted Friday. I find that hard to believe since I still have not received anything for SOA. I'll still be talking to a sales manager tomorrow. I don't trust that he even put my order in with the correct options.

I'm trying hard not to over-react here, but with how long people are having to wait for orders to come in, the fact that I've STILL not received an itemized receipt and, I'm spending $35K I think I've got a little justification to be annoyed and want to verify things.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My printout, or texted photo of same, included all the details about my order. I didn’t opt for the audio system/navigation/power tailgate package, and as of the date of my order the engine, fuel tank and rear differential under guards I wanted were all showing as dealer installed. I planned to buy those after the vehicle was delivered and paid for as the Subaru $500 parts discount would only apply to parts purchased after the vehicle was purchased. Anyhow my order document itemizes the vehicle price including delievery, an $85.- document fee, CA state tax, CA registration fee, a $8.75 CA tire fee, and gives me an “amount out the door”. I received a separate image of the receipt for my $500.- deposit. Our communication was online and on the phone. I wasn’t asked to sign anything. Seems strange the sales person provided you with the VON, but not the details of your order including prices in writing. I would want that.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Update: After going in to the dealer the person I talked to was exceedingly helpful. He was even the one who put my order in. He gave me any paperwork I asked for and answered all my questions. He gave me a copy of my order receipt from Subaru that had all my information, my VON, and the correct build. I think the whole situation was just trouble dealing with a new/inexperienced (possibly bad) salesman. I'll continue to avoid talking with him, but any concerns I had are resolved.

I still don't know why I haven't received email confirmation from Subaru as my email address was correct (checked all folders and spam), but I'll wait a while to contact Subaru for information.

One question for people here. My dealer told me that I could register on MySubaru with my VON, but I can't find anyway to do that. Anyone know anything about this.

·
Registered
2022 Forester Limited ordered, 2016 Outback Limited
5 Posts
Ok, stupid question but when is an order confirmed? When you get an email from SOA? We placed our order on 11 September and still have not received an email from SOA.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
33 Posts
@dmwarner
We got a copy of our order when we ordered it at the dealer. Later that day our salesman forwarded me a document from Subaru titled "Vehicle Order Status/Pipeline".It contained the VON and a lot of other information about the order.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts