Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Forester Limited 2018 Forester XT
15,618 Posts
Read up on eyesight. Suspension in theory can negatively effect eyesight. If it ever malfunctions you "could" be sol in terms of getting help from

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
1,357 Posts
I would hope it takes more than an inch or two, to wig out Eyesight. What happens when the vehicle is loaded to the max allowed capacity, and it now sits a little lower?

But with the '22 updated version, it's anyone's guess, as being pretty new, this is new territory. I would hope with the wider angles, it will be even better at compensating for minor changes in vehicle height.

Next to worst case is you pay to have it recalibrated. Worst case is it does wig out, and can't be calibrated, and you either live with it, or return the car back to stock.

You can either be the Guinea Pig, or wait until there is more feedback on the internet...

·
Registered
2022 Forester Wilderness
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I agree and don't want to be the guinea pig subaru are new territory for me I just seeing if anyone lifted it yet that includes the .5 lift from the factory include so it be 2.5 instead of a 2 inch lift .

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
1,357 Posts
It would be 2.5" for the regular Forester, but still only 2" for the Wilderness. Plenty of pre 2022 Foresters have been lifted 1 to 2 inches with no real negative effects on the driveline and Eyesight. The 2022 Eyesight has a greater range of vision, so it should be able to handle changes better than the previous generation.

As @puffdc has said, no issues with their set up.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
122 Posts
I have a '21 Forester Sport with a 1" lift on the front and 1.5" on the rear and have no issues with Eyesight. I had some issues with Eyesight BEFORE the lift and not had any since the lift. Go figure.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness
251 Posts
It would be 2.5" for the regular Forester, but still only 2" for the Wilderness.
No. LP Adventure has a 2" lift with spacers that are combined with the .5 inch of the wilderness lift springs that makes it 2.5".

So YES you can do a 2.5" lift on the wilderness.

I'm personally not a fan of spacer lift kits so I went with the coilovers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts