Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport Ice Silver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed in the last couple of heavy rainstorms that these 2 lights illuminate on the dash for a period of time and then go out. Looks like one is the Lane departure waning and not sure on the other.

Is this normal behavior at times during rainstorms?

·
Registered
'21 Forester Touring (previously '09)
16 Posts
I had that just yesterday driving through some periods of heavy rain. It's basically EyeSight telling you that the cameras aren't getting a good enough view of the road to operate properly, so the features are temporarily disabled.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester premium
242 Posts
they are different on different models and located in different places but thats saying its raining hard enough(or snowing or something is obscuring the eyesight systems ability to "see" properly and its not working. Normally goes off/away/back to normal when it clears up enough the eyesight system can "see" again.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,623 Posts
The same thing sometimes happens when driving into the sunset. The sun blinds the cameras.

There's a stretch like that along US Route 4 in New Hampshire. It heads straight into the sunset. I guess the Colonial era people who laid out the original streets around here didn't have any understanding of Eyesight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts