Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Subaru Forester Sport.

I'm currently at a beach that allows vehicles to drive on it. While driving with traction control off on the sand, the VDC Warning light kicked on and disabled RAB and Eyesight. I can't find a whole lot on VDC issues with the newer models besides that other safety features are tied to it (like eyesight). I'll probably end up taking it to the dealership, but was wondering if this could reset itself.

No ABS light and no check engine light has turned on. Just VDS, RAB, and Eyesight features. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
822 Posts
I've had occasional loss of function of RAB and BSD (Blind Spot Detection) when driving in the sand. When it happened, I was driving in some pretty deep ruts, which I suspect confused the sensors leading to the disabling of those functions. I could see similar conditions confusing the Eyesight system as well, though I haven't experienced it. In my case, it cleared up within a relatively short time of being on regular roads. I did brush any sand off the sensors on the rear bumper, too.

Thinking back to my latest trip, I'm kind of surprised it didn't disable. I was in some pretty deep ruts out on Cape Hatteras. The beach was firm where I took this pic, but driving Pole Road to get here the ruts were deep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts