Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Premium 2.5x Automatic 4sp
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a deposit on 2021 Forester premium.
Trying to find an aftermarket hitch for it. Can some one help find one that fits.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,006 Posts
Anything that fits 2019 on will fit yours. There are more threads here than you can count on the different hitches.

Search away!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I found
CURT13409 Class 3 Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver

Curt site says it fits, amazon says it doesn't. I am confused.
The car is for my father. I need to make sure we can install it.

We want a 2" receiver for more utility.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,006 Posts
Guess Amazon knows more about Curt hitches than Curt does about their own hitch!

Seriously, if you’re having doubts, call Curt and speak with them directly. That’s way better than any random person on the forum is going to do to ease your concern.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Limited
16 Posts
The 2” Curt should fit. I just had one installed on my 2020. I ordered mine through etrailer; they have a handful listed.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport
34 Posts
I've always got mine from eTrailer, and they've been right so far. I've had hitches for my Jeep ZJ, 2014 Malibu, 2015 Forester, and 2020 Forester; joys of being a mountain biker, having it be one of the first mods I make to a new vehicle. They all fit fine.

They pointed me to the Draw-Tite 2" receiver when I asked via live chat, because it has a forth hole on it for the extra trim box on the back. Otherwise I may have had to leave it off which may have made the Forester look worse than factory. Of course that may have been because I have the Sport trim. They were right though, without that fourth hole on the one side I wouldn't have been able to put the one piece of trim back on.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,006 Posts
I don’t understand what fourth hole, and extra trim box, you are referring to.

I have the eco hitch, so am asking out of curiosity.

Are you referring to Forester trim, or a part of the hitch?

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Sport
74 Posts
Just put a deposit on 2021 Forester premium.
Trying to find an aftermarket hitch for it. Can some one help find one that fits.

Thanks.
All hitches that fit on the 19-20 should fit on the 21's. They didn't change anything from the previous 19-20 models. I put the eco hitch on mine from a 19-20 and fit like a glove.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I did find a few.
I found one from drawtight, and one from Curt that I like.
The car should be here today or tomorrow so will see what available.
I find interesting that Curt hitch installation instructions say I need to drill something out but drawtight shows nothing needs to be drilled. Same kind of install but it seams that the plates/washers that come with drawtight are a little narower and fit in the access hole where Curt's are wider and need the hole enlarged. I maybe wrong though.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
7 Posts
I have a Curt Class 3 from etrailer. No mods necessary, everything threads through existing holes in the frame. It does sit lower than the Eco Hitch though so if departure angles are a concern for you, you may want to look into that option. The eco hitch also mounds differently (it involves taking off the bumper) and I think I’ve read that it’s a sturdier way of mounting, so if you ever want to push the tow limit, that may be another reason to consider it. If neither of those are a concern, a Curt will do just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts