Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2021 Limited with the manually adjustable passenger seat. The problem is the seat is very uncomfortable due to the seat seems to slope downward toward the front. If you are sitting in the passenger seat for an extended period of time it feels like you are going to slide off the front of the seat. I've looked and it doesn't seem to be adjustable up and down the way the electric driver's seat is. You can only move the seat manually front to back and adjust the back of the seat. Do any of you have passengers complaining about this issue? or is there something I am missing?

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
7 Posts
I have a new 2021 Limited with the manually adjustable passenger seat. The problem is the seat is very uncomfortable due to the seat seems to slope downward toward the front. If you are sitting in the passenger seat for an extended period of time it feels like you are going to slide off the front of the seat. I've looked and it doesn't seem to be adjustable up and down the way the electric driver's seat is. You can only move the seat manually front to back and adjust the back of the seat. Do any of you have passengers complaining about this issue? or is there something I am missing?
No one answered you :/ I just bought my first Forester and agree, the passenger seat is horrible. I wish I would have sat in the passenger seat when I test drove it since that's where I am usually sitting and it's just about unbearable after 20 miles. I don't notice the slope as much as the lack of lumbar support. My lower back will never survive an actual road trip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We just did a 2,400 mile trip in our '21 Limited. My wife and I both have low back issues on long road trips but not in the Forester. Neither of us had any issues whatsoever. I'm 6'3" 255 lbs. and do all the driving. My wife is 5'5" about 125 lbs.

I wonder if spacers could be put under the mounting points to raise the front of the passenger seat if that is an issue for you. (???)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts