Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a forester with swivel lights in the trunk door? The 2021 Subaru Forester Sport I intended on buying had them, but when I went to get the car they gave me a car that didn’t have them. Then the sales person, sales manager, and parts department had supposedly never heard of them. The trunk door even has to block off plates for where they are supposed to go (picture attached).
If you’ve seen them, do you have a part number or know where I can get them?
19A0E843-CE90-4B47-94B9-628978E283C9.jpeg 7A9A2F91-A970-4C37-9E46-CF49295D3713.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 2.5 Dynamic
109 Posts
I've only seen some aftermarket ones in AliExpress, never heard or seen OEM parts for it. It's also the way to access the reverse lightbulbs.

Enviado desde mi motorola one action mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Sport
87 Posts
Has anyone seen a forester with swivel lights in the trunk door? The 2021 Subaru Forester Sport I intended on buying had them, but when I went to get the car they gave me a car that didn’t have them. Then the sales person, sales manager, and parts department had supposedly never heard of them. The trunk door even has to block off plates for where they are supposed to go (picture attached).
If you’ve seen them, do you have a part number or know where I can get them?
View attachment 551093 View attachment 551094
Hmmm...that's weird? I thought that was standard in all Sport trims? Are they only in certain packages? You should contact the dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
40 Posts
If you pop those panels off, you get access to the tail light turning bulbs. My Touring doesn't have lights there either.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Forester SK (including 2021) in the US market, in the Sport and Touring trims, puts a single light in the center of the rear liftgate. Lights on either side are not offered in the US market, as far as I've been able to determine.

In the Japanese market, Subaru appears to offer an accessory kit which puts lights on both sides. P/N H4617SJ000 and MSRP of 40,920 yen (about $375 US at the moment). See page 11 of the 2021 JDM Forester accessory guide (Japanese-language). I have no idea if they can be retrofitted into US models easily. (Obviously they will fit the holes, but they might need a wiring harness that's not there.)

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
586 Posts
Maybe this can be your project.

Product Information
Car must be equipped with Power Rear Gate.

“There is a switch on the passenger side of the hatch, which can be turned ON / OFF.” - Google Translate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just checked and my 2021 Sport came with it...

·
Registered
2020 CBS Forester Sport
89 Posts
Sounds like a dock option for Japan that accidentally got factory installed on some US vehicles?

Pics if you have 'em!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's a quick picture:

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,383 Posts
As was mentioned by somebody, it's not an option or an item on all Foresters and it may have been part of a running change to the 2020 or 2021 Forester and therefore not available across the line. I have seen them in some loaner's I've ad and I'd actually been thinking about buying it and seeing if it would work in the SJ Forester generation.

Instead I bought the "OLM" brand of light kit from Rally Sport Direct (same unit as SubieSpeed offers) a little over 50-bucks US and will be hooking it up soon...

For @LVWasHere - that's in the center of the liftgate (which our original poster also has). The other lights being referred to are on the outer edges of the liftgate panel and are different. I've seen them as aftermarket in others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts