Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got my new forester today. After coming home I see two amber signs on the dash. Can someone please help me with the sign next to the auto stop sign. What does it mean?
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
3,145 Posts
From your owners manual:
"Icy road surface warning light (if equipped). When the outside temperature is 37F (3C) or less, the icy road surface warning will illuminate to inform the driver that the road surface may be frozen."

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. it has been a little cold since yesterday evening..Its the beginning of the long NE winter I guess..

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
1,123 Posts
and you had auto-stop-start activated for a grand total of 49 seconds for a fuel savings of 0.006 gallons!

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats one feature I didnt like so I keep turning it off. I wish there was a way to turn it off permanently rather than doing it every time I start the car.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,988 Posts
Reactions: kingshukchaki

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thats one feature I didnt like so I keep turning it off. I wish there was a way to turn it off permanently rather than doing it every time I start the car.
Google it, I got the under seat plug in module, took 10 seconds.
Very nice, remembers last used setting. So you can keep it on, or keep it off, and it remembers.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester
151 Posts
Unless you prefer to not idle your vehicle -- Works even better with AVH engaged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts