Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Touring
21 Posts
Sorry! Just go for it though!
Tempting but I have to finish my Mustang project before I start trying to convince my wife we need aftermarket parts for the brand new vehicle we just bought. :p

I will live vicariously through you in the meanwhile.

·
Registered
2020 Silver Sport
169 Posts
Thanks. Some of your photos remind me of J Blick, the photographer for Magpul. Search DuckDuckGo for "J-Blickphoto thread" to view a collection of his nature/4x4 pics.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@pino excellent build and photos! Any issues at all with the 245/65/17 tires and rubbing -- did you have to trim anything in the wheel wells?
They rub a bit at full lock in reverse
It's honestly been to cold for me to care to look under there but its so minor I'm not worried about it for now
As I head off road and articulate the suspension more I can assess then too

Tempting but I have to finish my Mustang project before I start trying to convince my wife we need aftermarket parts for the brand new vehicle we just bought. :p

I will live vicariously through you in the meanwhile.
I hear you! Happy to have you along!

Thanks. Some of your photos remind me of J Blick, the photographer for Magpul. Search DuckDuckGo for "J-Blickphoto thread" to view a collection of his nature/4x4 pics.
Will have to look that up. Cheers!

·
Registered
2017 FXT (Quartz Blue Pearl)
9 Posts
rad! cant wait to see the prinsu rack! also, what camera are you using? rad photos!

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Spent a snowy Sunday getting the Prinsu rack on.
A bit nerve racking dropping the head liner on a brand new car but it wasn't all that bad.
I ended up not having to drop it very far at all thanks to my cordless ratchet (one of my favorite new tools).
Basically just taking the pillar trim and seatbelts off was enough to stick the ratchet in there and grab the nuts.

No cool photos yet as I finished up late and was tired.

Overall a great rack that feels super solid and has TONS of mounting possibilities.
I opted to go with the 40" cutout in the wind deflector to add a lightbar later. It looks pretty silly without one so I think I'll end up adding one in there sooner than later.

Anywhere here's some install photos

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
1 Posts
Man dope build so far!
I'm planning on building my 19' forester sport picked it up last month.
How are those tires ride and noise level?

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm glad to see the headliner doesn't need to be fully removed
The cordless ratchet is the only reason I got away with not dropping it totally down
If I had to use a regular manual ratchet I probably would've needed more space

Man dope build so far!
I'm planning on building my 19' forester sport picked it up last month.
How are those tires ride and noise level?
They're slightly harher and louder than stock (to be expected) but got used to it within a day or two

21 - 29 of 29 Posts