Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Follow along here: www.instagram.com/canijumpthis

My girlfriend and I, like seemingly a ton of people during the pandemic, had plans to buy a Sprinter Van and spend the winter building it out to be an adventure mobile come spring. After running the numbers, the thought of having to deal with a 3rd vehicle (we live in the city) and trying to find the time to build it out...we decided against it.

So back to the drawing board. We wanted something that could get us to some more remote places a van would have trouble doing while still being a comfortable doing so. We also needed something that I could daily drive to work and back (50mi) every day and still be able to find parking in the city. My girlfriend already had a '19 Crosstrek (that we love) but we needed something with a bit more room for the dog and gear.

Enter the Forester.

So I traded in my GTI (such a great car) and took delivery of a 2021 Forester Sport w/ package 24 on Nov 28th.

We have some no-too-crazy plans to get the car ready for adventuring so thought this would be a fun place to document it all.

The day we brought it home (of course it rained)

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next up, the Ironman 4x4 2" lift kit.

It had been well over 10 years since I'd done any serious work on a car. Was nice to get the hands dirty and see how everything works.

Last photo before the lift:

Sub-frame spacers on:

Out with the old, in with the new:

Had some great help :)

All buttoned up and back together. Looking like Bambi with the lift on stock wheels and tires

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New shoe day!

After waiting over 2 months for the Method 502's to get delivered I got fed up and cancelled the order.
Went with some Fifteen52 Traverse MX and they were here in 3 days

Had the local tire shop wrap them in Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails 245/65/17 and it was looking 👌

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got all of the good stuff on just in time for a snow day.

Super impressed with how it preformed in the snow. I just wish you could turn off some of the driver aides a bit more. Realllly hard to get the car sideways which is great in the grand scheme of things but sometimes to just have to let the tail out

Took the car out in the AM to let the pup play

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice, I think id like to do something like that with mine too. Hows the ride and the MPG after the lift? Compared to stock of course.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, I think id like to do something like that with mine too. Hows the ride and the MPG after the lift? Compared to stock of course.
Ride is great. Feels stock when cruising and the big hits on the road are definitely softer.
I haven't taken it off road yet so I can't comment there but I expect it to be great.

MPG definitely took a hit with everything on but not too bad
Can't get you an exact number because the weather here is far worse than when it was stock but I'd say somewhere in the 3-5mpg range

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Sport
57 Posts
Rad build. Your MPG will take another hit with Prinsu Rack but it'll look dope. Keep the mods coming!

·
Registered
2021 Touring 2.5L CVT
84 Posts
Let me guess! the road you're driving on is named "Woods Ave." Nice night time photos. Looks like your dog had a great adventure too. Many happy miles to you and girlfriend.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Touring
21 Posts
This is exactly the type of thread I don’t need to see right after buying my Forester :LOL:

I love it though. Super cool.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium
18 Posts
Love your work in progress! I'm doing similar items on my premium. So far I've just got the Ironman lift. But I can't wait to feel it's quality on some fatter tires!

I'm super happy about prinsu releasing their rack for the newer models. Looking forward to grabbing one of those soon. Are you going to attach a lightbar to it as well?

·
Registered
'10 Forester SportTech, 08 Spec B
34 Posts
You're great with cars, but I think better with photography! Great shots there!

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let me guess! the road you're driving on is named "Woods Ave." Nice night time photos. Looks like your dog had a great adventure too. Many happy miles to you and girlfriend.
Not Woods Ave
We live in NW Philly so these were around that area

This is exactly the type of thread I don’t need to see right after buying my Forester :LOL:

I love it though. Super cool.
Sorry! Just go for it though!

Love your work in progress! I'm doing similar items on my premium. So far I've just got the Ironman lift. But I can't wait to feel it's quality on some fatter tires!

I'm super happy about prinsu releasing their rack for the newer models. Looking forward to grabbing one of those soon. Are you going to attach a lightbar to it as well?
I got the cutout for the lightbar so will eventually get around to it but no immediate plans

You're great with cars, but I think better with photography! Great shots there!
Cheers! I worked in the photo industry for many years

·
Registered
2020 Forester, Crystal While Pearl, Saddle Brown Leather
111 Posts
@pino excellent build and photos! Any issues at all with the 245/65/17 tires and rubbing -- did you have to trim anything in the wheel wells?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts