Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So speaking of my experience buying from a dealer in NJ (see my comment #63), the price you are getting $32832 is pretty competitve and aligned with my touring. I'd say if you can get it from your home state and it's not a long drive, go for it.
No point ion waiting until next year unless you really want to say that interest rate to 0%, which means u gotta wait another 9 months or so and it's gonna take a bit of shopping to get touring in that instance because everyone's trying to grab one for 0% like this year. I say if you can get one now just get it :) give yourself a nice 2021 present.

Anyway, I think you should also argue for more discount for parts. Since we are both touring, I highly recommend looking at getting parts that YOU ACTUALLY WANT. Again, see my comment #63 :)
Good luck.
Got it! 2021 Forester Touring. Purchased from Subaru Moon Township in PA. Only contacted Subaru dealers in PA because they all offer lifetime state inspection.
MSRP $37008 with Standard Option 41 Popular Package 2, Rear Seat Back Protector, Door Edge Guard
Negotiated price to $32332 plus TTL
Also got a $50 Visa Reward card for test drive
7 year/100,000 mi extended warranty gold plus for $1500
Salesman was Thomas Debelak. Very easy going. No high pressure sales. All price negotiation done by email with Jennifer Siegle, Internet Mgr.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my first Subaru!

Forester Premium with the blind spot detection package, auto-dimming mirror, cargo tray, all-weather floor mats

MSRP: 30585 (I am not sure this is completely accurate with the accessories I ended up with)
Online posted price: 28601
Negotiated price: 26000
OTD price: 28000
Located in Virginia near DC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my first Subaru!

Forester Premium with the blind spot detection package, auto-dimming mirror, cargo tray, all-weather floor mats

MSRP: 30585 (I am not sure this is completely accurate with the accessories I ended up with)
Online posted price: 28601
Negotiated price: 26000
OTD price: 28000
Located in Virginia near DC
nice price!
I am also searching for a forester now. would you share me (via email) with your quote from the dealer?

·
Registered
35 Posts
People please do not use "Out The Door" figures without breaking it down. While important knowing what you will be paying it is meaningless for comparison. TTL costs can vary thousands of dollars state to state or county to county.
MSRP
Invoice
Individual accessory/add-on costs
Price paid for those items
Then list individual TTL and any dealer fees

With that info people can compare apples to apples from across the country or across the street.
[/QUOTE

. The only thing that matters is the full MSRP, and the price you paid before tax,title, and any other fees. OTD is 100% irrelevant unless someone lives in your zip code. To make things even simpler you can list the Percentage off MSRP. 10% is very good, anything more than that is awesome.

·
Registered
92 Posts
MY 2021 Subaru Forester Sport
  • Option Pkg 24 (Reverse Auto Brake, Pwr Rear Gate, 8" LCD, Harman Kardon Audio)
  • Body Side Molding
  • WeatherTech Floor Liners
  • License Plate Brackets
  • Crossbar Set - Aero
  • Auto-Dim Mirror/Compass
  • Auto-Dim Side Mirror/Approach Light
Purchased in seacoast New Hampshire region (USA) in 2020 December. No sales tax in NH. I didn't really negotiate -- I was in a cheap rental after a wreck and was sick of it.

MSRP Base$29,395
MSRP Options$3199
MSRP Subtotal (Base + Options)$32,594
Delivery$1050
Doc/Title$424
Fees Subtotal (D/D/T)$1474
MSRP+Fees$34,068
Price Paid$30,924
Price Paid Less Fees$29,450

81 - 87 of 87 Posts