Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
146 Posts
If it's plus taxes, etc., than you might get there with the right dealer. :) Professor Dr. SWMBOs (identical configuration, more or less) was about $31K before the necessary evils in March, but I didn't push too hard on that and they did negotiate better on the trade as an alternative as we were repeat buyers many times over so we were happy with the deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up my new Forester Sport on Thursday

-Forester Sport 2021
-Package 24 (Bigger screen, RAB, Power rear gate, upgraded audio)
-Popular package #2 (Homelink autodim mirror, ext autodim mirror, cargonet, rear bumper cover, all floor weather)
-Rear seat back protector.

My goal was to get as close to 32k out the door as possible. Negotiated price to 29770 before taxes/etc. Final price was ~32400. This was in western PA. I went through 2 dealers. I felt like I could've gotten it below 32k out the door if I worked harder and called more dealers but I was on a time crunch and needed to move on a new car sooner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up my new Forester Sport on Thursday

-Forester Sport 2021
-Package 24 (Bigger screen, RAB, Power rear gate, upgraded audio)
-Popular package #2 (Homelink autodim mirror, ext autodim mirror, cargonet, rear bumper cover, all floor weather)
-Rear seat back protector.

My goal was to get as close to 32k out the door as possible. Negotiated price to 29770 before taxes/etc. Final price was ~32400. This was in western PA. I went through 2 dealers. I felt like I could've gotten it below 32k out the door if I worked harder and called more dealers but I was on a time crunch and needed to move on a new car sooner.
sounds great. i had a 2020 sport forester, but i couldnt deal with the super bouncy ride. ate depreciation and traded my 2020 sport for a 2021 touring. much better ride but no sport sharp like you have. the sport mode is not as powerful as sport sharp. but i was getting killed on gas mileage using the sport sharp mode. its all a tradeoff in terms of ride vs handling. my sport was shaking at 80mph. in the end we all need to be happy in the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sounds great. i had a 2020 sport forester, but i couldnt deal with the super bouncy ride. ate depreciation and traded my 2020 sport for a 2021 touring. much better ride but no sport sharp like you have. the sport mode is not as powerful as sport sharp. but i was getting killed on gas mileage using the sport sharp mode. its all a tradeoff in terms of ride vs handling. my sport was shaking at 80mph. in the end we all need to be happy in the car.
I am interested in purchasing a 2021 Sport but your comment has me concerned. I test drove a premium and it was a nice ride (they did not have Sports available at the time) If you put the Sport on SI mode wouldn't the ride be it the same as the other trims? For you to have to trade it in it must have been a big difference in terms of the ride. I will test drive a Sport just to be safe before I start negotiating remotely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am interested in purchasing a 2021 Sport but your comment has me concerned. I test drove a premium and it was a nice ride (they did not have Sports available at the time) If you put the Sport on SI mode wouldn't the ride be it the same as the other trims? For you to have to trade it in it must have been a big difference in terms of the ride. I will test drive a Sport just to be safe before I start negotiating remotely.
The forester sport drive terribly. Damn thing bounces all over the place. My touring drives much better and the sport drive is fine. Sport sharp is more aggressive but i need a good highway car. I was told all have same suspension but my 21 touring is much better on the highway then the 20 sport. I am very happy i dumped the sport. The saleslady has the 20 sport and she told me it is very bouncy. If i want bouncy i will go to disneyworld.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The forester sport drive terribly. Damn thing bounces all over the place. My touring drives much better and the sport drive is fine. Sport sharp is more aggressive but i need a good highway car. I was told all have same suspension but my 21 touring is much better on the highway then the 20 sport. I am very happy i dumped the sport. The saleslady has the 20 sport and she told me it is very bouncy. If i want bouncy i will go to disneyworld.
I also test drove a 20 non sport. Felt fine. The 20 sport is so bad i gladly paid 10k to dump it. Depreciation and cost difference. Yes i messed up but we all make mistakes in life. Im very happy with my blue touring

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also test drove a 20 non sport. Felt fine. The 20 sport is so bad i gladly paid 10k to dump it. Depreciation and cost difference. Yes i messed up but we all make mistakes in life. Im very happy with my blue touring
Dont buy the sport unless u test drive it at 80 mph on highway. Ask to borrow the car for a day or evening. Gun the baby and see how she feels. The sport is a racecar. But im not a teenager. I need good handling and tight road feel. Love the 21 touring

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dont buy the sport unless u test drive it at 80 mph on highway. Ask to borrow the car for a day or evening. Gun the baby and see how she feels. The sport is a racecar. But im not a teenager. I need good handling and tight road feel. Love the 21 touring
Thank you for your input, I will definitely test drive it now that you mentioned all this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
  • PNW
  • 2021 Crimson Pearl Forester Limited
  • Option pkg 32 (RAB, harmon kardon, etc.)
  • Popular pkg #3
  • Sticker: $35,203
  • $31,330 before TTL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
  • PNW
  • 2021 Crimson Pearl Forester Limited
  • Option pkg 32 (RAB, harmon kardon, etc.)
  • Popular pkg #3
  • Sticker: $35,203
  • $31,330 before TTL.
That seems like a good deal to me, that is 11% off. May I ask if you are negotiating in person or online? I am doing it online but I am only getting 8.5% off max.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That seems like a good deal to me, that is 11% off. May I ask if you are negotiating in person or online? I am doing it online but I am only getting 8.5% off max.
Tried to keep it online because of covid. Got quotes from every dealer from Seattle to Medford then checked with closer dealers to see if they'd match. Possible that it could've gone lower, but nobody responding to emails was willing to go any lower and I didn't feel like spending the time chatting on the phone or hanging around talking to sales.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picked up the following Nov. 2020, NJ Rates - MF .00132 / RV .62%:

2021 Forester Sport, Navy
+Pkg 24: 8"Screen, RAB, HKSpkrs, PwrGate
+AD Int.Mirror/Compass, Ext.Mirrors/Lights
+RBmprCvr, RSBP, AWMats, CargoNet

$33,100 MSRP
$29,000 Cost (12.4% off prior fees/tax; incl. -$500 incentive + 1month off Return Loyalty)
Lease 3yr / 36k miles
$11,025
Car/Pkg/Accsrys
$2,275 Bank/Doc/Reg/Title/Tax
$13,300 Total = $345 x 35mo = $12,075 + $1,225 at signing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got quoted from a dealer for a forester limited with option package 3 and 400 dollars in random options I don't care for. I feel like almost 5 thousand in ttl and fees is ridiculous or am I crazy? I'm in arizona.

MSRP/Retail $33,807.00
Selling Price $31,269.00
Government Fee $632.94
Proc/Doc Fee $479.00
Door Protection Pkg $99.00
Express Code $175.00
Window Tint $399.00
Total Taxes $2,778.95
Amount Financed $35,832.89

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did some shopping for a 2021 Forester Touring Lease. One dealer had their sale price at 34,200 down from a 37,305 MSRP. I went low with a 12% off msrp offer and they declined and countered with 34,000. I walked on that offer.
Then went to a different dealer who had a sale price of 34,850 down from 37,486 msrp. Tried the 12% offer. No budging. Then tried 10%. Still no budging. So I walked again. Are these guys really not going to bring these prices any lower? I thought dealers need to make a deal this month?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
ObjCelery: Those tax numbers on top of the item fees look suspect. Arizona is 5.6% tax yes? Are you looking to finance or lease, over what terms? Question the following items: Door Protect? Express Code? You're also asking for additional window tint on top of what the Forester comes with already?

Boonyco: It's not the end of the month, yet. Last month of the year, last 2 wks, couple days, going to get hectic. First deal you mentioned is ~9% off. If you had a $500 incentive, and/or 1 month off due to return loyalty, that would bring you to 11-12%.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boonyco: It's not the end of the month, yet. Last month of the year, last 2 wks, couple days, going to get hectic. First deal you mentioned is ~9% off. If you had a $500 incentive, and/or 1 month off due to return loyalty, that would bring you to 11-12%.
I know, it’s so close but no cigar. Unfortunately, I have no incentives or loyalty discounts. I just need them to come down a little bit more and I think it’s a decent deal. I’m gonna wait til the start of next week and see if I get any phone calls

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aside debating what accsrys you could do without to save a bit, contact more dealers as well, have multiple offers to play off each other. Even without further incentives/coupons, with options and patience, another ~$500-1k off is possible.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Touring
1,575 Posts
Doc fee is really high. Should be under $100. That’s just pure dealer mark up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know, it’s so close but no cigar. Unfortunately, I have no incentives or loyalty discounts. I just need them to come down a little bit more and I think it’s a decent deal. I’m gonna wait til the start of next week and see if I get any phone calls
I am getting the same type deals you are, local dealers act offended if I ask for 12% off, They start with about 7% off and I was able to get one to offer 10.5% off after much back and forth but by then the color I wanted was gone ( didn't move fast enough, very busy at work these days). Another was going to give me 12%off but again the wrong color plus it was 150miles away.

I will continue my search this month to see if I can get 12%off, I am in no rush to buy so I can just wait and see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was able to get a 2021 Forester Sport with option 24 + pack 2 for $29,814 +TT. MSRP of $33,208 so out door for $32,168.31. Eastern PA
5 different dealership to get good price end.
Was wondering where you were able to get that price? I went to three dealerships around Norristown area and the best I could get with just option 24 was $30,122 + TT. Did yours include a trade-in?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts