Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done any negotiation yet on an incoming 2021? I'm looking to order a Premium (with power rear gate) which lists at about $30K. I was able to get about $3700 off a 2020 in the Denver area when I helped a friend get one, but I suspect this won't fly on a 2021. The 2021 Foresters are up on Subaru's site but I don't see anything on sites like Truecar. I wonder if $2500 off in the Seattle area might be feasible.

- Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anybody done any negotiation yet on an incoming 2021? I'm looking to order a Premium (with power rear gate) which lists at about $30K. I was able to get about $3700 off a 2020 in the Denver area when I helped a friend get one, but I suspect this won't fly on a 2021. The 2021 Foresters are up on Subaru's site but I don't see anything on sites like Truecar. I wonder if $2500 off in the Seattle area might be feasible.

- Mark
I'm in the same boat as you! I just test drove the Forester Sport and RAV4 Hybrid and really enjoyed the Forester much more. Based on reports in this forum and TrueCar, the deals are quite nice for 2020 models right now. The 0% APR is a nice bonus too. However, getting the steering responsive headlights with Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert on the Sport trim for the 2021 models is really hard to pass up. Hopefully we start to see some more reports on here to help us understand what everyone else is paying for 2021 models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the quote for 2021 Forester base trim with Option Package 2 which includes the Alloy Wheels and Black Roof Rails. The accessories are Cargo Cover, Carto Tray, All Weather Floor Liners and Rear Bumper Cover.

That creates an MSRP of $27,038.00. The selling price is $24,808 plus applicable tax, license and documentation fees.

Is this a good deal? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was able to get a 2021 Forester Sport with option 24 + pack 2 for $29,814 +TT. MSRP of $33,208 so out door for $32,168.31. Eastern PA
5 different dealership to get good price end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Was able to get a 2021 Forester Sport with option 24 + pack 2 for $29,814 +TT. MSRP of $33,208 so out door for $32,168.31. Eastern PA
5 different dealership to get good price end.
Looking for the exact same in Southern CA, so far the best I'm getting is $34,743 out the door. I'm going to keep shopping around.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5Premium
11 Posts

- Mark

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5Premium
11 Posts
Hi all, well here I am at it seems like only yesterday was researching and researching my 2017 Premium....well after some problems (airconditioning replaced 2x still blows hot at standstil and battery going dead over and over and over again leaving me stranded7-8 times--finally realized it wasn't me leaving lights on!), I've decided give a new forester another try!

Got $1000 under invoice---doesnt matter which model I go with.
MSRP $30837 got for $27665. I know I can do better because I got my 2017 for over $4000 off MSRP but just want rid of my 2017.

I did put a down payment but still contemplating a limited. Can anybody tell me the difference besides leather (which i want after the gray seats!!) for the $2000-$3000 more?

Thanks

Oh yes getting the Bronze.

·
Registered
fore 2016
14 Posts
Price paid is an interesting topic, BUT wouldn't be more interesting if there were Sub groupings for each Forester model? ie. Base; Premium; Sport; Touring ; and limited. This way the reader knows that all prices and options discussed are for a specific model rather than each post jumping from one model to the next? Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium w EyeSight AT
174 Posts
Is it worth $2K? I don't really care about the power liftgate. Don't care about the number of speakers either. Is the media center the same?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am still getting quotes - first time buyer. I won't name names, but here are the prices I've been given for 2021 Touring in NYC.

Offer 1 accessories
  • Auto Dimming Compass Mirror
  • All Weather Floor Liners
  • Rear Bumper Cover
  • Remote Engine Starter Push Start
  • Body side Molding
  • Forester License Plate Bracket
= roughly $37000
Discount = Roughly $3560

Offer 2 accessories
  • Auto Dimming Compass Mirror
  • Rear Bumper Cover
  • Door Scuff Protector
Discount = Roughly $3550

Obviously Offer 1 is better. But neither will move any lower. I'd love to see what everyone is getting quoted and actually paying too..

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
146 Posts
You may want to get a quote from forum sponsor Liberty Subaru in NJ as you are in their market area and are very competitive. Contract information is in the vendor section of the forum.

Reactions: NYC1up
1 - 20 of 87 Posts