Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CBS Forester Sport
168 Posts
Font Art Magenta Poster Fictional character

Man you can't just post that and not show the goods!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport, CVT
75 Posts
looks good- was thinking about tires, have the stock Falkens on my '19 Sport, I have almost 28K on them so I'm wondering if I'll need to replace these by winter... how are the WildPeaks rated for snow/ice?

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium 7,500 Miles
11 Posts
Just installed 225x60x18 Falken Wildpeak tires on my 2021 Forester sport. Very impressed. Ride quality is great, minimal noise, and they look great! View attachment 557955 View attachment 557955
I put Wildpeaks on my 2020 Forester several months ago and absolutely love them! I only had a small dip in gas mileage. I'd say under 1 MPG and they drive great on the highway and off-road. I drove on an unexpectedly very rocky, steep, muddy trail and they did great. I expect they'll be decent in the winter because they have the 3 peak snowflake rating.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 Premium, Black
103 Posts
looks good- was thinking about tires, have the stock Falkens on my '19 Sport, I have almost 28K on them so I'm wondering if I'll need to replace these by winter... how are the WildPeaks rated for snow/ice?
They are unstoppable in snow. If you have chronic icy streets in the winter, you should get at least 2ea studded tires.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport, CVT
75 Posts
They are unstoppable in snow. If you have chronic icy streets in the winter, you should get at least 2ea studded tires.
LI, NY. I don't think studded tires are legal here and the roads are so bad as it is, not sure they would make any difference...it's like driving in Beirut...

·
Premium Member
2019 Subaru Forester Limited CVT
310 Posts
Did you already wear your factory tires out or did you trade them in on the wildpeaks? How much did that cost for the new shoes?

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5 Premium, Black
103 Posts
Yeah I'd like to know if you traded your new tires what did you get from them and where you'd go too?
Discount Tire appears to have the most competitive pricing. Tire Rack (online) may have better per each pricing but you still would have to get them mounted and balanced.
Trading in tires (to a tire store) would be uncommon unless they were their tires and practically new. Selling on craigslist would be common. The 2 above mentioned tire dealers IMO also have the best websites for unbiased reviews. If the tire is crappy, you will read about it.

·
Registered
2019 SPORT
118 Posts
got mine recently from the dealer......factory size......about the same price as tire stores.......tire price really the same just check on the labor and extras........no trade in, oem tires had 30k on a 2019......oem's gave a kinda sloppy ride, new WP tires have a firm ride but not hard like......running 35 psi......feel safer with stronger sidewall when offroad........oem tire reminded me of a space saver spare tread and oem hard to get clean because of all the designs on the sidewall........got 2 nails in 2 years with oem........WP fill in the wheel well better-looks better......no tire noise.....lost maybe 1.5 mpg-its worth it......WP has tread lugs on sidewall which give it 1.5-2 inch wider look....pics in next post

·
Registered
2020 CBS Forester Sport
168 Posts
From my keeping tabs:

Stock size Wildpeaks (225/55/18): no problem.
225/60/18s: no problem. (Also barely heavier than stock)
235/60/18s: allegedly also fine, might be slight rubbing at full lock or heavy articulation. Tolerable. Hurts mileage.

Reactions: CatmanglerX

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport, CVT
75 Posts
Discount Tire appears to have the most competitive pricing. Tire Rack (online) may have better per each pricing but you still would have to get them mounted and balanced.
Trading in tires (to a tire store) would be uncommon unless they were their tires and practically new. Selling on craigslist would be common. The 2 above mentioned tire dealers IMO also have the best websites for unbiased reviews. If the tire is crappy, you will read about it.
I did check on Tire Rack, they had no ratings at all yet for the WP's...and I would like to see some detail about winter/snow for example. Free shipping but then have to get them installed as you say. I've used Tire Rack quite a bit but the shop I used to have them shipped to, I no longer use. I'm def gonna check with Discount Tire, the more I look at my OEM's they're not gonna be good this winter....

·
Registered
2020 CBS Forester Sport
168 Posts
I did check on Tire Rack, they had no ratings at all yet for the WP's...and I would like to see some detail about winter/snow for example. Free shipping but then have to get them installed as you say. I've used Tire Rack quite a bit but the shop I used to have them shipped to, I no longer use. I'm def gonna check with Discount Tire, the more I look at my OEM's they're not gonna be good this winter....
We had a bad snowstorm here at the end of winter. On the OEM tires I found the Forester so capable I didn't bother with x-mode. They aren't snow tires at all but they do a passable job.

Reactions: Syncros#10
1 - 20 of 26 Posts