Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
52 Posts
I got the CPLAY2AIR. It doesn't work on my HK system.
Do you have the newest CPLAY2AIR? I had signed up for notification when they finally supported my 2020 Forester Touring, and just before Christmas 2020 they announced they did. I was actually thinking of getting one in the next few weeks. Please expand.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Sport
98 Posts
Do you have the newest CPLAY2AIR? I had signed up for notification when they finally supported my 2020 Forester Touring, and just before Christmas 2020 they announced they did. I was actually thinking of getting one in the next few weeks. Please expand.
I got mine about a month ago. not sure if this is the newest?

·
Registered
2021 Forester Touring
50 Posts
I got mine about a month ago. not sure if this is the newest?
I've been sitting on the fence and haven't pulled the plug on purchasing one. The CPlay2Air folks say it does work with my 2021 Forester, but others here have mentioned that it doesn't. Do you have the HK system or the base system? Any issues with using it?

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
52 Posts
HK. didn't work for me...
Can you expand on that and say what didn't work? As in, you plugged it in and paired it with your phone but then nothing showed up? It only worked intermittently? Or the device itself was dead on arrival?

·
Registered
2021 Forester Touring
50 Posts
plugged it in. nothing. happened. I don't know what else to say?
I think the HK unit might actually be the issue here. The person I was talking to said that their system works but not on all models of head unit.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
688 Posts
Here's an updated Wireless CarPlay dongle comparison:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts