Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For few days, after turning off my car there's sometimes a high pitch whining coming out from the center console. It's kind of sounds like feedback when you put 2 mics together. Has anyone experience anything like that? I have been running the A/C too since it's been hot outside. Thanks!

Here's a video:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
What Bill said is what I'm thinking as well. I noticed that in my wife's new Forester but then again, maybe I will now.

.....the fan in my Challenger is noticeable but then again, it doesn't make any odd noises. ....although I don't know if I would say yours is necessarily odd.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
8 Posts
For few days, after turning off my car there's sometimes a high pitch whining coming out from the center console. It's kind of sounds like feedback when you put 2 mics together. Has anyone experience anything like that? I have been running the A/C too since it's been hot outside. Thanks!
Finally found someone having the same issue. Yours is higher pitched than mine (('19+) - 2020 - Weird and loud sound when engine is...). I just took mine to the dealer and was told it might be the AC. Well, I will find out tomorrow if it really is the issue.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport/2018 Crosstrek Prem
317 Posts
We had same problem with my wife’s 18 crosstrek. Here is the fan from the back.

i had a lightnin cable with led light.The light is on all the time. That means the head unit is still on even when key is out. After logging complain w dealer service dept and get no fix. Got a mid level head unit and swapped out the usb/aux plug. No more fan noise and the usb turn off after key is in off position. Just watch out if the fan drain the battery after 2 weeks of not driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm hearing the fan, but also a high pitch hum - it's an F natural on the piano, 2-1/2 octaves up from middle C.
+1 here. Same problem on my 2020 Forester. I have both a high pitch feedback noise, but also a lower octave “whale sound” intermittently from under the hood. I had it into the dealer once, and they acknowledged that they heard the sound, but couldn’t pinpoint a reason at that time. In all fairness, it was a Friday at 6 PM appointment, so I don’t fault them. One clue of its origin is the fact that, when I was talking to a friend on a phone call, I heard the high pitched noise, and he yelled, “Gahhhhhhh! What is that?!?” The squeal was feeding directly into the phone call, and all he heard on his end was a dog whistle sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts