Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found a nice little back way through Nevada. It was super amazing. 57 miles of this.
I will head over to accessory forum (if there is one?) But I am looking for a few things. Orange rack, push bars, lights, skid plates? awning. I need a better way to carry my full size spare and Jerry cans.
FB_IMG_1622646780017.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Lineartronic® CVT
362 Posts
Beautiful Pics, where is it ... besides in Nv.?

Small trailer for cans and spares, etc?

What wheels are those?

Container, is it a rental unit on site?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,843 Posts
For the rack - since you're on ig - check out spider no drill racks... you can have them custom powder coated.. one of the softroad nation guys (Chris down in SoCal) has the orange rack... for a price, you can have just about anything in the color you want.

·
Registered
198 Posts
rear hitch cargo basket from harbor freight. their basic model is actually very helpful and affordable. Some like myself run the little saftey strap that has a small rubber hook that reaches to the top of the hatchback and one of those ubolt anti rattle hitch devices. Been using those for years on a 84 4runner to carry two jerry cans, chain saw, water and extra supplies. Granted the 4runnerhas tripple the ground cleaence and approach angle with 35in tires.

Roof baskets are nice but somefolks don't like the reach or carrying a small step stool. So if you don't think you have odd steep ravines or hills great for road trips with the cargo carrier in the receiver.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
183 Posts
The websites listed below should have some of the things you are looking for.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,843 Posts
Also - for the awning - try Ironman 4x4 ... they offer 2 different sizes, plus have an optional "quick release" kit that makes it so you don't have to unbolt it all each time you need to remove the awning for a bit (like commuting, car wash, stuff like that)....

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For the rack - since you're on ig - check out spider no drill racks... you can have them custom powder coated.. one of the softroad nation guys (Chris down in SoCal) has the orange rack... for a price, you can have just about anything in the color you want.
Thanks. I did reach out. I may be in So Cal in October so ill order before I go there. I am so uber excited. :)

You all have been a world of help. I am going to play with these links and check some stuff out.

Totally appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rear hitch cargo basket from harbor freight. their basic model is actually very helpful and affordable. Some like myself run the little saftey strap that has a small rubber hook that reaches to the top of the hatchback and one of those ubolt anti rattle hitch devices. Been using those for years on a 84 4runner to carry two jerry cans, chain saw, water and extra supplies. Granted the 4runnerhas tripple the ground cleaence and approach angle with 35in tires.

Roof baskets are nice but somefolks don't like the reach or carrying a small step stool. So if you don't think you have odd steep ravines or hills great for road trips with the cargo carrier in the receiver.
Thanks. I was looking at these-not from Harbor freight- and was curious about them. Is this something that you have? Can the stuff be locked?

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Subaru Forester 2019-21 | NashFabCo

Attach your jerry can to this. Get the steel OEM under engine guard. You don't need all that heavy poop on the front of your subie.
Thank you. So basically its a step ladder to reach the roof basket? How would the Jerry can attach to this?
OEM Engine guard is just the standard under the engine plate? Whats the difference between that and a skid plate?

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport (Betty)
38 Posts
Thank you. So basically its a step ladder to reach the roof basket? How would the Jerry can attach to this?
OEM Engine guard is just the standard under the engine plate? Whats the difference between that and a skid plate?
You can attach a roto pack can with their mount: NashFab roto pack mount | NashFabCo. The engine guard is an aluminum or steel plate that protects the radiator and oil pan from damage. The difference is that a skid plate weights much more and is only necessary if you plan on doing hardcore off-roading (such that you would skid on rocks and things while navigating through terrain) if you plan on doing that kind of hardcore offroading you should buy a vehicle with 4x4 capabilities (jeeps, 4-Runner off-road, 4x4 trucks, etc) If you're just driving unpaved roads you don't need all that extra bovine poop.

I just got back from camping in NM, we went up some Forest Service roads and camped in the middle of the woods. It was marginally technical and all I did for my 2021 sport was throw it in x-mode (probably not even necessary) and take my time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts