Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Onyx XT is about $900 more expensive then 2019 Limited 3.6R. That doesn't make much sense to me but it is still good value (vs competition) and they will sell them well for sure...
I was hoping for Onyx XT to be in low 30s

Edit: It looks like Car and Driver quoted price with destination which means that 2019 Limited 3.6R and 2020 Onyx XT are about the same.

·
Registered
2004 FXT / 2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,659 Posts
Onyx pricing is right where I expected and has a few things that I want. Turbo, passenger seat height adjust, and heated rear seats. This is a strong contender for my next car. Even better for me would be an Onyx Limited.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,309 Posts
I am interested in what the real world pricing will be for the Outbacks once the "new model" hype dies down a bit. My only concern is how much cheaper an Onyx XT will be compared to an Ascent Premium.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
I was waiting to upgrade my 2015 OB LTD to the Gen 6 but once I got a look at the information screen in the center stack, I lost all interest in the new OB. Coupled with the 2018 HU fiasco (which as I understand it, continues to this day), I have serious doubts as to Subaru's ability to deliver these huge screens with a decent level of long term non-failure rates. Still unsure if the problems were soft or hardware-related BUT a twin processor 11" data screen seems too iffy for me to risk my satisfaction. I also prefer the more normal HVAC knob type inputs that the Forrie/Ascent/Crosstrek utilize. The 2020 OB full color hi rez screen is beautiful BUT virtual controls require taking your eyes off the road needlessly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts