Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@TacoForest Thanks, the car feels a lot more stable around turns, maybe because its a little wider now or the tires load capacity is higher, feels tighter in the turns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Falcons are a very good choice. I have them on my Subaru Forester. I bought them because I drive around construction sites for work and needed something a bit more beefier and more traction than just street tires. One thing I do want to point out, you stated they sit a bit taller than your stock tires. Any time you change the height of tires on any vehicle, you run the risk of through the odometer off. My suggestion to see if you did and by how much is to use Google maps. It provides real time speed on it. Go for a drive where you can set the cruise control at say 55mph and then see what the speed on G/maps is saying. It looks great with the Falcons. More of a true AWD/4WD SUV...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Falcons are a very good choice. I have them on my Subaru Forester. I bought them because I drive around construction sites for work and needed something a bit more beefier and more traction than just street tires. One thing I do want to point out, you stated they sit a bit taller than your stock tires. Any time you change the height of tires on any vehicle, you run the risk of through the odometer off. My suggestion to see if you did and by how much is to use Google maps. It provides real time speed on it. Go for a drive where you can set the cruise control at say 55mph and then see what the speed on G/maps is saying. It looks great with the Falcons. More of a true AWD/4WD SUV...
Thanks I appreciateit, I thought the Falkens would be a good choice too because of the all around greatness and price of the tire.
I've thought about how much it would throw off my speedometer but I haven't tested it yet, but I'll get back to you on that. And I'll create a 2nd reply here with the results later.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
6 Posts
This is my 2020 Subaru Forester Sport. Wheel/tires and pics specs below.

Voxx Falco Wheels 17x7.5" (+40mm)
Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail
(235/60R17)

No rubbing at all, tires are slightly taller and wider than stock.

View attachment 544140 View attachment 544141 View attachment 544142 View attachment 544143 View attachment 544144
Looks good!! We did 255/55/18 falken wildpeaks with a 2” lift. If you still have your OEM sport rims and are looking to sell. Send me a message

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
40 Posts
Nice!
I wish I had looked into other wheels and tires. I went with the upgrade package at dealership. Your sport is beautiful.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
6 Posts
Thanks! Thats awesome, got any pics?
And yes I am selling the stock sport wheels and tires. They're in perfect condition and only 3237 miles on them. View attachment 544152
And yes I am selling the stock sport wheels and tires. They're in perfect condition and only 3237 miles on them. View attachment 544152
View attachment 544183
View attachment 544183

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
6 Posts
Not going to lie, the platform for which this forum sits on is not user friendly at all. It's quite frustrating. I don't know how to delete the disaster reply that happened earlier. but here are some pics

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Tested the speedometer today with Google maps. Kept her at 30 and Google maps read 30.
Then I kept her at 60 and it was reading 59. The slightest movement and it was back to 60. What I'm saying is with the new tire size it really doesn't affect your speedometer that much. Its not off by a whole mph maybe just a hair.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,049 Posts
The speed reading of most speedometers seems to over-read by a couple mph at freeway speeds, maybe to be a bit conservative. I ran a couple sets of oversized tires on our old '09 Foz (2-3% taller) and the speedo ended up fairly close to "real" readings compared to GPS. Having changed out my tires very early (at 3000 miles on the Foz), I do feel like I did extend my warranty by 2% or so in terms of distance :) I really like the look of your Foz with the larger tires and moving wheel size down makes so much sense in terms of use off-road or even through city chuckholes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The speed reading of most speedometers seems to over-read by a couple mph at freeway speeds, maybe to be a bit conservative. I ran a couple sets of oversized tires on our old '09 Foz (2-3% taller) and the speedo ended up fairly close to "real" readings compared to GPS. Having changed out my tires very early (at 3000 miles on the Foz), I do feel like I did extend my warranty by 2% or so in terms of distance :) I really like the look of your Foz with the larger tires and moving wheel size down makes so much sense in terms of use off-road or even through city chuckholes.
Thanks I appreciate it! 😊
I initially planned on lifting 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear and doing 15" inch rims with BFG KO2's but the old lady said no lol so I feel like this was the next best step of settling for a more conservative but nice set up.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport
7 Posts
This is my 2020 Subaru Forester Sport. Wheel/tires and pics specs below.

Voxx Falco Wheels 17x7.5" (+40mm)
Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail
(235/60R17)

No rubbing at all, tires are slightly taller and wider than stock.

View attachment 544140 View attachment 544141 View attachment 544142 View attachment 544143 View attachment 544144
I checked with a local 4X4 installer that does lifts for several Subaru dealers in town and they won't install 235/60R17 Toyo ATIII without a lift, but then again, not sure how the Toyo tire may differ from the Falken.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,049 Posts
What's the offset on your wheels?
Did you note the +40 in the original post? That is the offset.

Stock is +48, so the wheels protrude 8 mm further out than the stockers, which is no big deal IMO.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport
7 Posts
I checked with a local 4X4 installer that does lifts for several Subaru dealers in town and they won't install 235/60R17 Toyo ATIII without a lift, but then again, not sure how the Toyo tire may differ from the Falken.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts