Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did this upgrade to my 2020 Limited. Love the look! Should be the way it comes from the factory. I actually have an extra gloss black sport lower. Vendor sent me two lowers instead of an upper and lower. Brand new, still in box. IM me if you're interested. Asking $200 + shipping.
Is your extra lower assembly still available?

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Limited
18 Posts
Grille and Fog Light replacement on my 2020 Forester Limited. Before and after.

Upper Grille Gloss Black - 91121SJ040
Lower Grille Gloss Black - 91121SJ140

Fog Trim Cover Right - 57731SJ140
Fog Lamp LED Right - 84501SJ000

Fog Trim Cover Left - 57731SJ150
Fog Lamp LED Left - 84501SJ010

·
Registered
500 Posts
My Premium doesn’t have the chrome window border but I don’t know the first place to start when it comes to the idea of swapping it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Has anyone found a chrome delete solution for the the window surrounds on the limiteds/tourings? or is vinyl going to be the best option?
No. I’ve learned to live with mine. I priced up some of the window trim from a Sport model and didn’t seem like it was worth it. Plus I am not totally sure how the rear window pieces would go in.

·
Registered
2019 2.5 Dynamic
114 Posts
Finally finished! Had to do it in two steps since the parts came form two different suppliers.

Scary parts:
1 - Popping the top trim clips from the metal. Noisy, managed to not break any clips and no scratches on paint. Right tools as OP suggested are a must!

2 - Popping de flat clips from the lower grill, really scared to break them. In the end it was a matter of wiggling a bit, they were somewhat stuck with dirt.

The two top screws on the lower grill really need a short Philips screwdriver, it was a pain to screw them back in without the right tool.

I am really pleased with the result! Needs a wash though

EDIT: Just realized how crappy my photos look, sorry!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Limited
18 Posts
Finally finished! Had to do it in two steps since the parts came form two different suppliers.

Scary parts:
1 - Popping the top trim clips from the metal. Noisy, managed to not break any clips and no scratches on paint. Right tools as OP suggested are a must!

2 - Popping de flat clips from the lower grill, really scared to break them. In the end it was a matter of wiggling a bit, they were somewhat stuck with dirt.

The two top screws on the lower grill really need a short Philips screwdriver, it was a pain to screw them back in without the right tool.

I am really pleased with the result! Needs a wash though

Enviado desde mi motorola one action mediante Tapatalk
Looks nice. What parts did you use for the fog trim?

·
Registered
2020 Forester Limited
15 Posts
I did the same to my fog lights. Ordered on Ebay. Came from China, but quality was good. It didn't cover perfectly, so I took the chrome cover off ( was installing DD SS3 fog lights at same time). Once chrome trim was off I plasti dipped them. Wish Subaru would offer a gloss black trim for the limited models.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts