Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This problem made me curious about Starlink speed alerts, a feature I've never had a need for. Good thing because it's not working. Will call Starlink support tomorrow. For those that suggested Starlink as a source of the OP's problem, Starlink (should) send speed alerts to your phone, email, or push notifications for exceeding a speed you have pre-selected. It's a feature for keeping tabs on your kids driving habits. If there's a way for Starlink to chastise you for exceeding the road's speed limit through the car's speakers, I haven't found it.

The post below mentions a speed alert, except it's not via the speakers and was limited to the Australian models.
Ahh, something to look into. Although deleting the Starlink app has solved my problem there might be a more logical and elegant solution to the problem.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
339 Posts
Following up on my previous mention of Starlink speed alerts set via the MySubaru app not working. I called Starlink about the problem a few days ago. Today the alerts are working.

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Automatic
101 Posts
LOL ...and you would classify this as "...awesome tech ..."?
Sounds more like a royal PITA and the increase of the Nanny State.
And you kinda have to wonder; who else knows I'm speeding? What telemetry is being collected by this "awesome tech" and what is it doing with it?
Just because you don't think Big Brother is watching doesn't mean it ain't so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@jocko The big brother had always been watching and will continue to do so. If they had asked to implant a chip under my skin to monitor me I would be appalled but if they say we want to give you awesome tech (with a chip in it) in form of a smart phone or a smart car which you can take with you everywhere I would happily accept it. I did, you did, millions of people did. I enjoy the tech instead of being paranoid about it. So yes, the car has awesome tech. If they want to monitor me, be my guest. They will be wasting their time watching my ordinary life. 😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my new crosstrek. I got the car on Saturday and she didn’t start informing me about my speeding until Monday afternoon after Starlink was activated, so I knew they were related but couldn’t find a setting for it. I’ve deleted the app off my phone and I’m hoping on tomorrow’s drive to work the problem is solved! Thanks...

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
2 Posts
The easiest way to solve this for me was to disable Location Services for the STARLINK app on my device. The warnings have ceased and since I don’t use STARLINK for navigation I have not noticed any side effects at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!
I had the same issue in my 2020 Forester I downloaded the latest version , and updated the STARLINK app. That solved the problem

21 - 27 of 27 Posts