Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 forester sport
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have 2 foresters.

2020 sport with updated head unit. This car, i went into settings and connected my car to wifi. Work with no issues.

I also have a 2020 premium with the stock smaller head unit. On this car, I DO NOT have a wifi option? How am I suppose to update the software?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can update via a USB stick. More info is available in the instructions here. Click the link to download the instructions.
PDF Instructions
Top of page 3 talks about update methods (Wi-Fi , USB).
See "Option 2" on page 8 for USB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can update via a USB stick. More info is available in the instructions here. Click the link to download the instructions.
PDF Instructions
Top of page 3 talks about update methods (Wi-Fi , USB).
See "Option 2" on page 8 for USB.
I have a new Sport without Navigation and without WiFi. I tried the instructions you included and they didn't work for me. I called StarLink and was told that the updates only work if you have Navigation. I was told I had to go to a dealership to have my software updated.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
3 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to get the USB software? The dealership said it would cost 300 dollars for them to update

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to get the USB software? The dealership said it would cost 300 dollars for them to update
This has been driving me insane trying to figure out. Please let me know if you figure it out. I was trying to update it because my presets always get deleted and Bluetooth cuts in and out all the time and heard the update would fix that and think add a bunch of things I can’t do so was hoping the dealership would repair that for free but hearing 300 sounds right but will post if I find any solutions but can’t afford 300 for it I’d rather buy a new unit probably.

·
Registered
2019 Convenience / EyeSight CVT
57 Posts
In the Spring I brought in my 2019 Forester for the endlink bolt recall and had them update the radio software (base 6.5in. screen) at the same time. No charge for both.
I did have to delete my phone and do a fresh re-pairing to get Android Auto functional again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts