Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2020 Forester Jasper Green
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2020 Forester. Last summer a very small (about a 1/2 inch) concise cut on the left passenger seat came out of nowhere. It is on the seat portion towards the back on the right side in the pleather. It is definitely factory/manufacturer created because no one sits there who would carry an instrument to make such a cut.

I thought I read and saw pictures of the same exact tear somewhere in this forum. Someone even successfully got Subaru to replace the seat. I also read, not sure of the validity, this is a known problem due to a known material flaw, but Subaru is not correcting the flaw.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thank you,
Christina

· Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
5,385 Posts
... a very small (about a 1/2 inch) concise cut on the left passenger seat came out of nowhere.... definitely factory/manufacturer created... I thought I read and saw pictures of the same exact tear somewhere in this forum. Someone even successfully got Subaru to replace the seat... a known problem due to a known material flaw, but Subaru is not correcting the flaw....
Have you actually contacted Subaru? Can you share your pictures here?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked my warranty as I have 45k miles on it. I am taking it to Subaru in 2 weeks.

I am going to try and attach a picture.
Automotive tire Automotive design Tread Synthetic rubber Grey

Automotive tire Automotive design Tread Grey Rectangle

Automotive tire Grey Tints and shades Electric blue Rim

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, nothing gets put on my seat except for my 84 yr old mother's rear. LOL.

Actually, if you search this site, there are others that have experienced the same exact cuts.

I was hoping one of those good folks would see this and give me insight on how they handled it.

Thanks for your response!

· Registered
2022 Forester Sport
757 Posts
There is this thread, check post #9. As I posted, you might get some good will from Subaru but unless you have an extended warranty, your B2B warranty is expired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts