Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport 'Skar'
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!

Yes, I've searched the forums and found a variety of opinions. I pulled the battery a dozen times or more on my 2007 Forester and had to go through the relatively simple, if annoying, idle reset process. The 2020 Forester with HK, Starlink, etc. seems like it has a lot more going on in there.

1) What has been the experience with removing power completely on a 2019 / 2020 Forester with all the electric options?

2) If a power keeper is recommended, any specific style, make, model better than the other?

Thanks in advance!

Will England

·
Registered
2018 Forester Limited
367 Posts
I use a little home-made 12v / 1 amp regulated and filtered hobby power supply as a keep alive supply when removing a car battery. The 1 amp limit is to keep from welding anything accidently should I make an error.

I've thought about a wall wart, but quality varies all over the place. Many run elevated voltage and have too much ripple if the load isn't right.

Reactions: wengland

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport 'Skar'
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Fibber2 I have a Tripplite 20A regulated power supply (HAM Radio); I could easily chunk that against the battery cables.

Thanks for the idea!
Will

·
Registered
2018 Forester Limited
367 Posts
If you have a current limit pot on that supply, turn it way down. 240 watts can still produce a pretty hot arc weld.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts