Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a front tow hook for a 2020 that won't bend if it gets used to pull me out of a rough spot? Ive seen a few online that are pretty pricey or appear to be for show only. I won't be leaving it on full time. I just need something that someone can attach a pull strap to and tug me out.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
174 Posts
I just installed a RACESENG brand tow hook. This is a real tow hook, unlike the Chinese Amazon el-cheap-o knock-offs made from melted down bottle caps. I do machine shop work everyday, and this is the real deal.

The materials it is made from are high quality and the fit and finish is superb. They have done destructive testing and have rated the hook for 8,000 pounds. Two thumbs up for this product.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious, what’s wrong with the one you got with your car? It’s a simple solid piece without moving parts, doesn’t look as nice but does the job just as good if not better.
You are correct, just curious what other options are avsilable. It's good to know the pros and cons of the OEM and aftermarket.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,306 Posts
A simple solution would be to use the OEM tow hook and connect a nice D-ring shackle to it. A good D-Ring Shackle should cost between $15-30. That is what a large number of people do.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
217 Posts
I was just reading thru the owners manual today and saw the tow hook instructions. I plan to have it and a shackle that fits it along with my 1/4"x10' chain in a coffee can.
Mike

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
190 Posts
I purchased the same one @shimmygrl8 has (per their recommendation) ... also ordered the rear hook too. Stillllll waiting for the dang nut to be in stock though. Been waiting for like (3) weeks for a NUT lol. Hopefully they’ll send it out soon!

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
787 Posts
DenGas144, great nut/bolt supplier that I've used for many metric fasteners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts