Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got may 2020 Subaru Forster Touring edition (Canada) and in less than 24 hours, power lift gate has issues with opening. It opens only slightly (by about 5-6 inches by using any switch (fob, switch on door or on front panel). Is it a common problem and how to resolve without having to make trip to dealership? Feeling somewhat disappointed..hope its not the sign of other impending issues

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,341 Posts
@Sam Forester take a look at this existing thread to see if it resolves your issues.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just to clarify vinman753 comment, the memory button should be out, not in. The difference between out and in is about 1/64 of an inch. In the out position, you can see a small white bar across the top of the button, IF you shine a very strong flashlight on it. When it is like that, the memory is disengaged, which is what you want. Hint: After getting the car washed, if the gate does not work, check that memory button. It can be pushed in when the guys wipe down the interior.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
55 Posts
Unlock your doors before opening it with the interior button. It’s some sort of safety thing, I was told but ever since, I’ve had no issues with the rear gate opening.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the hint. I sort of stumbled on that myself. What I would do is to shut off the engine and open the driver's door before pressing the interior button. However, one time I just pressed the button without doing those things and the rear door would not open no matter what I did after. Then I drove it to the dealer and it worked. When someting is done that shouldn't be done, the computer locks up. But thanks for the hint about unlocking the doors.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
55 Posts
PS: one other thing.... The dealer told us if you have two (2) fobs, and both of them are with you at the same time (e.g., his and hers fobs, together, driving somewhere), it can cause this to happen as well. I noticed this a few times so we started leaving the other fob at home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts