Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I downgrade my rearview mirror from the auto-dimming type, to the (smaller, more-flexibly-mounted) ordinary mirror? In particular, will this lose blind-spot-detection? Will I get dashboard warning lights that I can't disable? This is for a 2020 Forester.

[I'm also asking the dealer/service shop, but they're taking a while to get back to me...]

Another way of asking, perhaps: does the mirror house anything used by the blind-spot-detection or other systems? Has anybody else done this, or otherwise have the "dumb" mirror but still have blind-spot detection?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
190 Posts
Your blind spot detection does not come from the rear view mirror. I see this is your first post... Welcome!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Your STARLINK buttons won’t be on the “dumbed down” mirror. Not sure how that will affect any systems and possible warning notifications.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your blind spot detection does not come from the rear view mirror. The sensors are in the sideview mirror. You can swap your rear view mirror and not effect other safety features. I see this is your first post... Welcome!
The bsd sensors are in the rear bumper. Only the amber lights to notify are in the side mirrors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts