Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
So I just got my new 2020 Forester Sport the other day, and before I got it I had seen online that the 2015+ STI will play videos with the Starlink system. I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this to work with the Forester Startlink Infotainment system. I really dont want to start a post where people start chiming in on distractions, ect... just wondering if anyone has any input on getting this working with the newer infotainment systems since I can find anything online about this.

Hope all are doing well!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
959 Posts
I haven’t attempted to play a DVD in my 19 Touring, but I know my 2014 BMW will play a DVD as long as the vehicle isn’t in motion. So, it’s a possibility Subaru works the same way.

What does your owner’s manual say about it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
I am really hoping someone on here can answer a question about playing video files on the new Starlink Infotainment system. I know the older systems can play videos files in a certain format, but I cant even get the files to show up on the USB drive I plug in (I have formatted them in the correct format for the older system). I will keep posting on here until someone might be able to possibly help me. Maybe there is a way to get in the backend of the system to turn this feature on? I am sure someone can help answer this for me.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts