Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Ltd.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie question...where is best on this site to post my question about my '20 Forester pillars (side panels) that are appear to have a distorted, "melted' look.

Don't know if the car came like this new or it happened after I bought it.

Curious if anyone else has seen this?
Forester Pillars.jpg

·
Registered
2001 Forester L Automatic
349 Posts
That looks nasty. I wonder the black is just a decal/wrap that has separated from the panel.... Or someone walked by with a lighter and melted it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,219 Posts
I remember seeing a thread on this issue a while back, on the 2019 Forester. I believe, in that case, the dealership replaced them. Talk to your selling dealer and see how it goes…

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 CVT base model
321 Posts
Ah, that looks more like inflicted damage than degradation. Hair dryer?, heat gun?, enemy?, or a recent trip to Mercury maybe.....

Oh, what does it smell like??

·
Premium Member
2019 Subaru Forester Limited CVT
66 Posts
This may be a super long shot but do you ever park by windows? Something similar happened to the siding on a former house of mine caused from a bright and focused reflection from a row of my neighbor's windows.
Either that or vandalism. The burn spots look concentrated possibly like a propane torch was involved. Either way it sucks that happened. It looks horrible.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,305 Posts
That part is called tape and it looks melted. It’s an easy fix. It just has to be folded and attached correctly. Maybe someone put a heat gun to it trying to remove the tape?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2021 Forester with under 5k miles has melting trim! Not just between driver and passenger window, but now between passenger and rear corner window. And the door plastic rocker is now bubbling in two places on the driver side. I have read about light refraction from buildings etc but this is
Not possible. I park in different spots and in different directions at my apt complex. And the car is seldom in one place for every long during daytime as I am very active. Took photos. I reported this to Subaru today and am now at dealership.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,517 Posts
@Lisalajolla welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Your thread has been merged with this existing thread on the same subject.

Also...please complete your "Public Profile"! Not completing your Public Profile could result in your thread(s) being closed... locked or your thread post(s) being deleted!
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My 2021 Forester with under 5k miles has melting trim! Not just between driver and passenger window, but now between passenger and rear corner window. And the door plastic rocker is now bubbling in two places on the driver side. I have read about light refraction from buildings etc but this is
Not possible. I park in different spots and in different directions at my apt complex. And the car is seldom in one place for every long during daytime as I am very active. Took photos. I reported this to Subaru today and am now at dealership.
Hi Lisa La Jolla, I’m curious what the dealership said you you?

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,305 Posts
Curious as well. I’ve never seen this. It would take quite a bit of heat to do this, unless inferior tape was used. Odd.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Any news on the Dealers opinion regarding the pillar damage?
I'm pretty sure you would have noticed it immediately if it was there from new. The Dealer would too. Especially right there on the drivers side.
There must have been a point where it was all ok, and then it wasn't?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any news on the Dealers opinion regarding the pillar damage?
I'm pretty sure you would have noticed it immediately if it was there from new. The Dealer would too. Especially right there on the drivers side.
There must have been a point where it was all ok, and then it wasn't?
Yes, that’s what I’m thinking. It would have been noticed by somebody earlier on. Unfortunately I don’t remember the exact time that I noticed it

·
Registered
321 Posts
I did ask earlier about giving it the sniff test. It may smell fishy.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts