Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,
I have a 2018 Outback and our iPhones 7 and 8 sync our contacts fine. My wife got a 2020 forester. I've paired both of these phones but neither will sync the contacts. I've turned the Phonebook Download option on but have had no luck. When I go back to the screen that you see the Phonebook Download option, its turned off again. Anyone have any answers? Please don't tell me we can't download our Phonebooks to a brand new Forester.

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
827 Posts
I don’t think Subaru and Apple have a great relationship. This feature doesn’t work with all SUBARU’s I’ll do some research.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It works fine on my Outback. That's a deal breaker if it doesn't. So much for safety if you can't utilize calling from your phonebook and you have to key in phone numbers. That would steer me away from subaru for our next vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I picked up my 2020 Premium, the dealer said it was a known issue that hopefully will he fixed with a firmware update at some point. I’m not hopefully but I am usually hooked into CarPlay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there any update on the firmware fixing the contact list download problem on the 2020 Forester and an older iphone?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
518 Posts
I got an email a couple of days ago with update info:

A SUBARU STARLINK™ software update is available for your vehicle. Take advantage of the latest software enhancements and fixes to improve your driving experience.

This update specifically addresses the following:

1. General stability and reliability improvements
  2. AM/FM station presets becoming lost and replaced by “Hold”
  3. Static or “noise” when listening to AM radio stations
  4. Loss of downloaded Phone Contact list information
  5. Music “skipping” concerns when using CarPlay
  6. Music not playing automatically when connecting a USB device
  7. “Invalid Destination Code” message
  8. “Scan” text display updated to “Tune Scan” when SXM starts to tune channels

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got in touch with the local Subaru dealer. They suggested I hit the reset to factory settings. I did. I did have to redo my settings and connect my phone, but I could then download my contacts.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium
12 Posts
Ugh. I still cannot sync my contacts. I really don’t want to spend the money for an aftermarket CarPlay system - if I just had basic phone calling and some music I would be happy, but I can’t even seem to get that.

But maybe I am doing the Factory Reset wrong. Is that the same as deleting Personal Data?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts