Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed one crack on my moonroof today. I don't know the reason and I can't figure out the real reason. According to the crack, it looks like caused by incorrect fitment led to bending and therefore cracking the glass.

I bought this forester 2020 premium this February. Will this thing be covered by the basic Subaru warranty? And should I replace this moonroof?
Sky Automotive exterior Roof Architecture Cloud
Sky Automotive exterior Roof Architecture Cloud

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium ES CVT (Sold)
140 Posts
File a complaint with NHTSA. That is unacceptable. Subaru keeps using thinner and thinner glass and it’s breaking left and right.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,643 Posts
My 2018 cracked....similar area (near a corner). I know 2 others who had similar issues.

Dumb

·
Registered
Sahuarita, AZ 2018 Forester Limited
3,150 Posts
File a complaint with NHTSA. That is unacceptable. Subaru keeps using thinner and thinner glass and it’s breaking left and right.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm curious: how do these cracks occur - From normal operation? Are people fiddling with it?

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium ES CVT (Sold)
140 Posts
I'm curious: how do these cracks occur - From normal operation? Are people fiddling with it?
The glass Subaru uses is thin, lightweight and fragile. It can crack all on its own. Anything from temperature change, driving, closing the car door can trigger the crack. If you can find aftermarket replacement glass, that should help prevent another crack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts