Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm interested in getting the OEM body side moldings to cover two small chips on my rear passenger door. Can anybody provide the dimensions? More interested in the rear side molding width but open to any info that folks are willing to share.
Lastly, I know there is an installation template that comes with the product. Can anybody share the recommended installation height per the template?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
On my 2020 Forester, the passenger door side molding width is 1-3/4" at the front of the door and 2-1/4" at the rear.

For height, I measured from the bottom of the passenger door to the bottom of the body side molding. At the front of the door, bottom of molding is approx 16" from bottom of the door, approx 17" at the rear.

Installation instructions available here may give you more info:
https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/Forester-BodySideMoulding-Updated-English.pdf

I had mine installed by the dealer when I purchased the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like them a lot. They're worth it to me to prevent door dings and scratches. Where I park the parking spots are very close together and people are often walking between cars to reach the building. I also think they look nice on the car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wonder how black ones would look on Magnetite Gray

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like them a lot. They're worth it to me to prevent door dings and scratches. Where I park the parking spots are very close together and people are often walking between cars to reach the building. I also think they look nice on the car.
Could I ask for one more measurement? What is the length of the rear side molding please? Thanks again!

·
Registered
31 Posts
...and 21-1/2" measured on the bottom from front of molding to where it begins to curve up at the rear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...and 21-1/2" measured on the bottom from front of molding to where it begins to curve up at the rear.
Thank you! After taking a look at the picture I can appreciate now that the end of the molding curves up (in other words slanted). Impressed by everybody's thoroughness and willing to be helpful!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts