Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting into using the Nav Radio in my 2020 Touring and there are two things I can't figure out:
1. Is there any way to control the relative volume of trhe Radio and Pandora? The only control I can find seems to raise and lower both together.
2. Is there any way have selecting Pandora on the screen start the Pandora app on my iPhone? If the app has not already been started the Radio claims it's not installed.

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
126 Posts
Just getting into using the Nav Radio in my 2020 Touring and there are two things I can't figure out:
1. Is there any way to control the relative volume of trhe Radio and Pandora? The only control I can find seems to raise and lower both together.
2. Is there any way have selecting Pandora on the screen start the Pandora app on my iPhone? If the app has not already been started the Radio claims it's not installed.
1. Try this. Assuming by radio you mean AM/FM/SXM. If the phone volume is lower when switching from radio to Pandora turn the phone up. What I find is if the phone volume is something <100% the volume when I switch between the 2 is different. With the phone volume at 100% it is about the the same. That said watch out when the phone rings. :) This seems to equalize the volume between selections but not great if using other bluetooth devices such as headsets. If not already set, there is also a way on the iPhone to to fix the ringer volume and make it independent of the button settings. On the phone go into Settings -> Sounds & Haptics and here you will see an option for Ringer and alerts. Set the ringer volume and make sure that Change with Buttons is off. I recently noticed this on iOS13 so not sure if it is available or prior versions.

2. This for me seems to be hit or miss as well. I seem to remember that older iOS and HU versions it worked better. Not sure if it is related but I have read online about issues in iOS 13 with apps running in the background. It seems that the phone is shutting down some apps which is causing a fresh restart when the app selected. There is a 13.2 iOS beta that has been released and it seems that Apple is working on this issue. I am not sure if the 2 are related but I hope this goes back to the good old days of jumping in the car and Pandora starts playing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts