Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry my bikes on a Thule tray rack that goes into a 2” hitch. I wanted to get the OEM hitch but that was only a 1 1/4” hitch. When I look online I find I have 3 choices. Draw Tight and Curt have very similar hitches and similar prices. Ecohitch makes one that is totally hidden except for the receiver. I like that idea but it costs about 3 times as much and to put it on you need to temporarily remove bumper/facia.
Has anyone had experience using these on a 2020 Forester? How hard is the install of the Ecohitch? Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
5 Posts
If you look down the topics in this folder you'll find a pretty good write up of the installation of this hitch. I just did one on my wifes car, it's pretty straightforward for a person with basic skills. Just don't rush, and go step by step. I put the car on ramps, not necessary but made it easier with a little extra room underneath, and less bending on top. You do have to cut the bumper cover, it's underneath so you'll never see where it is cut. Just measure twice, cut one. I made a cardboard template instead of trying to measure on the bumper. It's plastic and cuts easy. The only thing I'd do different is to remove the muffler instead of just loosening and letting it hang.
I use a Kuat, works great with the hitch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts