Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I did some digging around but I couldn't find a thread that could answer all my questions, if this thread already exists I am sorry.

I just bought a 2020 Forester Limited and I love it but as all the reviews say the acceleration is sluggish. I also like symmetry. So adding another exhaust might remedy both of my issues.

I don't want this vehicle to be incredibly loud, I'm not doing this because I care about the sound. Buying another OEM muffler from Subaru and then coping it into the bumper is what I am thinking. I'm not looking for anything extravagant, I just want some additional HP.

This rough diagram is what I am thinking. Buy a larger catalytic converter (if needed) then from there run 2 separate exhausts with mufflers. If I could gain 10 HP I would be willing to do this and spend the money. I am a welder/fabricator so I can do the work, I just don't know if this will be effective.

Thoughts?
image0.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
264 Posts
You won't get any additional HP from adding another muffler... What you would get is an additional weight added to your forester slowing it down even more.
Best thing to do with your naturally aspirated engine is to reduce weight in your car for faster acceleration.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbon fibre everything! Okay thanks, I was afraid that was the case. But I was intending on increasing the diameter of the pipe going into the catalytic converter and buying a larger catalytic converter that would flow into both mufflers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not gonna add much. Removing the intake silencer and added an AEM intake is really the only thing that might add a few HP. AEM claims 6-8HP.

Other than that, we won't have much of an aftermarket for go fast parts.

With that said, go for it if you have the capability. Can also do a before and after for us and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I am mostly interested in doing it for the learning process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts