Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Is there a way to see, via the screen, the maps on either Google Maps or Waze that are on my phone? I just got my first Subaru - a 2020 Forester without navigation. Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Forester CVT
55 Posts
Hi there, if ur forester have a starlink multimedia, it comes with apple carplay and android auto. Connect your phone with a cable to the usb outlet underneath the unit in that small cubby. You can use waze, apple maps and google maps.

Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forrester Touring CVT
79 Posts
I would also add that if you're going to use Android Auto, make sure the cable (look at the USB connector the plastic piece should be blue or purple). Apple Auto should be ok with an apple cable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2020 also and as soon as I connect my phone, android, Android Auto is activated (the icon becomes bright) and I can see the maps immediately. It does not work via bluetooth for some reason. Navigation will work through voice commands by toughing the icon on the screen and telling it the address. Very pleased with it as the subscription costs for factory navs are usually high.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2020 also and as soon as I connect my phone, android, Android Auto is activated (the icon becomes bright) and I can see the maps immediately. It does not work via bluetooth for some reason. Navigation will work through voice commands by toughing the icon on the screen and telling it the address. Very pleased with it as the subscription costs for factory navs are usually high.
Android Auto/CarPlay does not work on by. It has to be wired(on foresters)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts