Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
136 Posts
Or just keep the remote provided with the opener and use it after the engine is off and skip the button on the mirror. When my wife drives in she closes the door with the homelink button before turning off the car then does not exit the car until the door closes. Just need to find what works best for you. The 2012 Forester works the same way and was a hassle but after getting used to this behavior it was a non issue.

·
Registered
344 Posts
All jokes aside, It would be nice if all electronics would continue to work, after shutting off the engine, for a few minutes, or until the drivers door is opened. But I can live with it since it's an affordable vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
460 Posts
I've had an '11,'13 and '17 Outback and with all three the Homelink button was always live. People complained about it all the time. Biggest complaint was safety as they parked outside. Subaru responded. Now people complain the other way. Kinda like why does/doesn't my radio stay on/off when I turn off the engine. There is no absolute right answer. Adapt and overcome.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
98 Posts
All jokes aside, It would be nice if all electronics would continue to work, after shutting off the engine, for a few minutes, or until the drivers door is opened. But I can live with it since it's an affordable vehicle.
I agree. Hopefully, some light hearted self-deprecating humor did not offend.
I myself struggled with this issue when I first got my 2019 Touring. First car with Homelink. How nice - I can get rid of my old remote. How odd - I shut off the ignition and the radio continues to play, the headlights and interior lights stay on, but the opener doesn't work. It only took a few weeks before I got used to hitting the Homelink button before the Stop button instead of the other way around. 40 years of habit, but I finally unlearned it. :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts