Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020' Touring and trying to understand if the car is supposed to stop me or at the very least alert me when I'm inching up on an obstacle. For example when I'm pulling up to my garage door, there is absolutely nothing coming from the car. I've come as close as a foot away (at low speed) without the car complaining. I tried the same thing in a parking lot against a high curb or even a car that was parked in front of me. My Golf has basic sonar sensors up front and it beeps at me if I'm getting closer to anything in front of me. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the owners manual, what does it say about this function at low speeds?
Just read the entire section. Holly smokes, there are about 4 pages (two sided print) of when it will not work. It's quite confusing but there are numerous mentions of it not working at low speeds, as well as if the object in front of you is a wall with a uniform pattern. It's interesting that some here say that it will stop you in a stop/go (obviously low speed) type situations, yet others say it won't.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
162 Posts
Lawyers cause 4 pages of instructions.
I think, anyway, it beeps "only" if it senses speed reduction isn't enough for you to stop yourself - I would think at 4mph or < you could react faster than automatic stuff.
I would never count of auto stuff stopping me - I think I'd rather do it myself -doesn't mean that if I'm not really paying attention that I glad I have beeping help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts